Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unluckiest X Box User or what

• 07-11-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I Bought a x box 360 elite this time last year and had no problems until this september 09. I switched on the console to find the ring of death:eek:.Phoned ms and they sent me a new power supply,it worked for a week and then the same problem ,phoned ms again and they said i would have to send the console back,i did and got it back working but only for a few days same problem again 3 red lights,ms told me to return the console again which i did and to date i have returned my console to the factory 4 times now and i only was returned to me 2 weeks ago and it worked for 2 days.i rang them again and now i am waiting on them to phone me back with a SOLUTION:confused:I must say that i have not been charged for any of the repairs.But i am still looking at my console with 3 red lights on it.Any body have a similar experience:(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it was me I would be thinking of moving my xbox out of the cabinet and into a place with good air circulation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevin1999

It is in a well ventillated area and the power brick is too:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Feel for ya man, thats such bad luck.
    At this stage id have thought they would have replaced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

if you will be talking to them again demand replacement and also moan how many days did you loose and ask for some kind of sweetener. many people got games, points and controllers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

Clareman wrote: »
    If it was me I would be thinking of moving my xbox out of the cabinet and into a place with good air circulation

ive heard this, but not sure if its true.

also, i heard if its lying flat on its side as opposed to standing up vertically, that can cause the ring of death.

that is harsh OP, at least theres no chARGE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Absolutely, explain to them that you've been more than accommodating in getting your console repaired repeatedly and that, as it's still not working satisfactorily you deserve a replacement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mailblaney wrote: »
    ive heard this, but not sure if its true.

also, i heard if its lying flat on its side as opposed to standing up vertically, that can cause the ring of death.

that is harsh OP, at least theres no chARGE

Standing the Xbox vertically is one of the worst things you can do and is a sure way of getting the RROD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Standing the Xbox vertically is one of the worst things you can do and is a sure way of getting the RROD.

Eh? what are you basing that on? mad comment tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Can sympathise with op. On 2nd x box at the moment and it looks like this one is dying a death again, unable to read discs straight away, after ejecting and stuff aboyut 5 times it starts to play.Looks like gonna have to buy a new one again.
    Considered going for a ps3 but none of the games really do it for me and have about 200 songs for rockband so don't fancy downloading them all again on a sifferent platform. So hopefully this time will get a bit longer out of the new one or I'll feckin scream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

kevin1999 wrote: »
    I Bought a x box 360 elite this time last year and had no problems until this september 09.

do the stores not still replace them if they're within the first year since purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I've an ooooollldd xbox still running grand and I've NEVER had it lying flat. RRoD all around me and even on my brothers xbox but never on mine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Clareman wrote: »

To be honest that's pretty stupid I finally got a red ring after just under 3 years, nothing to do with ventilation around the console it was more or less on pedestal in open space, I love the xbox but there is a defect, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

KoKane wrote: »
    I've an ooooollldd xbox still running grand and I've NEVER had it lying flat. RRoD all around me and even on my brothers xbox but never on mine.

i posted something very similar the week before i got my first ever RRoD. . .i'm not saying it's a jinx ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

One of the lads I know, that posts around here, is one that I would classify unluckiest. Onto his 6th now (many returns!). One time he returned and it got "lost" on the way back. Huge delay getting it back. Then, just on Forza 3 release (the game he was dying to play // create paint jobs and everything else!) it dies a death again. It's back to him again but was looking shakey. No compensation from MS or anything...not even a different console it seems.

Desperately unlucky!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I've a mate who went through 9 RROD's. He now claims to be retired from Xbox ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

With 9 RRoDs across what I can only assume to be different consoles, he's either the unluckiest person in the world or he's keeping it in a horribly confined space as, defect or not, that's simply ridiculous.

I know of several people with 360s and only those with launch consoles have had issues. I have mine going on two years where it's being vertical 90% of the time (note, Retr0gamer) and I haven't had any issues with it. :o

kevin1999, as others have said, just point out that you'd like a replacement console due to the difficulties you've had and the obvious fault with your specific console. Also mention the lost gaming hours and you should get some MS Points thrown in for good measure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

I wouldn't say your the only one, I bought my first console in August 2008, after 1 week it had a faulty laser , could not read games properly anymore, Exchanged it for another one, After 6 months it got red ring of death , brought it back to game stop, After another 8 months My current one cant read disks anymore it doesn't recognize them. If had it up to here with x boxes! Im demanding a refund from game stop. and im gonna buy myself the new modern warfare 2 edition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just out of a matter of interest when you get it back move it to a diffrent socket and try it then.

Advertisement