Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up in BT's

• 07-11-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone recommend somewhere good in BT's to get your makeup done?

I've a graduation coming up and would like to get it done. Normally I'd go to Stila but they've up and left BT's so I dunno who to go to now.

If anyone has any recommendations for a place that will make me look all lovely and natural and not like a drag queen, it'd be great!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Posted this here, Here
    Mind me asking which BT you'll be using? Are you looking for neutral make up or a bit dramatic?

I've only used Chanel foundation and like it. Haven't had a make up session though.

I've used Bobbie Brown and find them very good! They listen and actually do what you want and describe.

Dior are very good too! Great foundation and nice eye palettes.
    As do Laura Mercier.

For something similar to MAC, maybe try Benefit? I find them very girlie and have lovely products.

Smashbox is one I've heard a lot about recently. Very good products, similar to MAC, great colours.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

Thanks for that!

I'll be using the one in Dublin. I like MAC products but would be afraid that they would do something waaay too dramatic.

I'm not mad on Benefit, but Bobbi Brown and Chanel sound good. I do like Chanel products. Ideally I'd like something neutral but a bit glamourous (or something that I could touch up for when I'm going out that night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Personally would stay away from MAC as I feel they dramatise too much, I think they are more 'going out' make up than Graduation make up.

I'm a big fan of Bobbie Brown or for something a little glam, I'd go with Dior, they've great eye make up!

Chanel are glam too, so you can't go wrong with any of em!

Look at how they've applied their own make up, it says a lot about how yours might look (but not always) Some people like that really dark look, others prefer neutral. Just be clear about what you want! Ask plenty of questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I'd stay away from MAC, I'd be too afraid that I'd end up looking like one of them! I went there once two years ago, and I use MAC foundation, so I told the girl what shade I use and she said she was going to use a different type in a different shade, because she thought it would lok better.. it didn't..

My friend works in Brown Thomas, and gets her make up done before work every morning. She cannot say enough good things about Laura Mercier, and I have to say her make up is lovely, very nicely done, but not too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

Hey,

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I don't think I'll be going anywhere near MAC don't want to end up looking like one of them in my grad photos.

Haven't used Laura Mercier before so not really familiar with what products they have. I might take a wander in during the week and see what the assistants look like.

If not Bobbi Brown sounds like a runner.

Just wanna book something soon cos my grad is in December and I dunno how busy they'll be with people getting their makeup done for Xmas do's etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

IMO the best thing to do is go in and browse around, having a good look at what way each of the girls on the counters have their make up done, and which you like best. Pick the artist you think looks the best, rather than going by the name. They're all high end brands, they all have strengths and some weaknesses, but a good make up artist knows how to fully exploit the products good points and make the best of them on your face.

Advertisement