Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Validated psychology questionnaires/inventories online?

• 07-11-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all,

New member of the forum here, with a query which hopefully someone will be able to answer!

I'm a Psychology student doing a fairly substantial research project as part of my final year assessment. As part of that, I need to use validated measurement scales on (a) problem solving and (b) creativity/imagination. I emailed a couple of US-based academics seeking permissions to use their copyrighted scales, but got no response. Now, I know there can be all sorts of scales/inventories/questionnaires available for free online, but it's a bit of a needle in a haystack-type scenario, and time is ticking by a little bit, so I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

It might be worth checking PsychInfo, or a similar database, to identify previous studies on your topic. Usually some of them will include the questionnaire they used, especially if they developed it themselves. I've also found it very useful to look at old MSc/MPhil/PhD theses, as most of these include the questionnaires used and usually they are ones that are easy to come by See here for further ideas.

One word of warning though - make sure you check the copyright status of whatever you plan to use. I know of someone whose undergrad thesis was deemed unacceptable because she used a copyrighted questionnaire without permission.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

I'm not sure about all scales obviously, but many of the well established scales can be quite costly and add up to a significant cost of research.

Advertisement