Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Count to a Million thread Locked for Fun???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

funny-pictures-cat-has-had-many-victims.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jay P wrote: »
    Eh, lads? Calm down maybe? It's a thread, about counting. Get over it. I just start a new count, so it's just like old times!

/thread

That's the sort of can-do attitude I like to see. I'm giving you a week's immunity to posting in the "post here to get banned" thread. Because I can.

I'm glad it had a happy ending after all. It's like in Pireates of the Carribbean, when you see the undead monkey you fell in love with again after the credits. I was so worried about that little guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Sarky wrote: »
    That's the sort of can-do attitude I like to see. I'm giving you a week's immunity to posting in the "post here to get banned" thread. Because I can.

I'm glad it had a happy ending after all. It's like in Pireates of the Carribbean, when you see the undead monkey you fell in love with again after the credits.

Really?! Aw sweet! I'm gonna troll the crap out of it :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

thats happened already :)

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Surely you mean 'How many FeedBack threads it takes to make mountains out of molehills...'

Close the thread to save tech trouble for the whole site or leave it open because "People aren't happy with the number..." - Well HOT DANG, kids, thats a tough one right there :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the day that someone posts in the "Post Here To Get Banned" thread then creates a thread in FeedBack demanding an unban.

I think that someone didn't get laid last night! ;)

My money's on everyone who was busy adding to the "Let's Count To A Million" thread instead of meeting girls and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

I know you all think we are silly, and post in a thread thats a total waste of time!!!
    But it's our thread it's to me the biggest part of the nest, and we that count in it all the time, always have a laugh and joke in it, and its always good to be put in good mood!
    This whole thing around the number it ended on, yes it would have been better to have just let it run to 100k, as it was only a matter of days!
    But this is not what caused the upset, it was the fact that Sarky just locked it down with no warning or anything, and anyone that posts in a thread as much as some of us in the count, would be upset to just find it locked, and you can't say any different!
    I have posted in the count from my first day in the nest, and because of the way i was made to feel so welcome by the posters in the nest, i always now call it my boards home, its were 90% of my post are. So please forgive me for taken it a bit to heart that the count was locked, yes we will all get over it and post on in a new thread, and make it the same for us!

Thaedydal wrote: »
    thats happened already :)

Not to me :( Maybe if we were to start permabanning like in the good ol' days...

If nothing else, I'm glad this thread got you out and about and meeting a couple of people outside TCN. That's Buffybot over there, he's a dear. And so is Ropedrink, he even photoshopped me to look like a zombie one time! You should all know Thaed, of course. She's a crazy old woman that lives in my attic. Say hi!

/slaps Sarky with a large trout.

How dare you I so do not live in Cork, I only vist there from time to time.

• Advertisement

If it makes you feel any better the back of my swivel chair gave way at just about the time before you posted that. Your offence actually nearly made me fall out of my chair without you even looking in my direction. OMG WALLHEX!

/smilies sweetly at her Sarky Poppet and considers letting the cat chew on it for a while.

What part of "I've just had throat surgery" don't you get?!

You seem to keep getting so many mysterious illness....

/sprinkles mustard and cress seeds on the nethers of the Sarky poppet.

Ooh, you know just how I like it, you saucy minx. Don't forget the egg salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

48. 69's poor relation.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We think we have a working solution to the "big thread kill servers" issue but dont quote me on it.

Not sure what if any reasoning was behind this but then tCN is like Boards' very own Outer Limits so I'm not sure I want to start messing with its moderation... :)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement