Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Marian Finucane read e-mails?

• 07-11-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭

I have sent a few e-mails to Marian Finucane's programme on RTE radio and have been surprised that they were never read out - yes modesty is one of my best characteristics. However it occurs to me that when she's reading out listener comments it all seems to be phone calls - does her producer read any of the e-mails sent to marian at rte dot ie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I think the use of email might be a bit too high-tech for her to be honest. Also being paid as much as she is for 4 hours work will always enhance complacency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I usually put

"Special offers 20 fags for a euro. Buy direct from wholesaler!!"

in the subject field, and it always tends to get read.

On another issue, I thought Enda Kenny came across well today. And why they even tried to interview yer wan with no voice is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On another issue, I thought Enda Kenny came across well today. And why they even tried to interview yer wan with no voice is beyond me.

On Enda Kenny: he said that in his early days in the Dail he was a backbencher and made the usual complaint that they were just lobby fodder and only found out about Government policy when they read it in the papers, I sent an e-mail to Marian pointing out that that is precisely how FG TDs and senators found out about his new policy to abolish the Seanad! I think it was a fair comment and deserved to be read out, hence my surprise that it wasn't.

I can't for the life of me understand how that person with the croaky voice was allowed on the radio, I have know idea what the context or subject was, I instantly changed station. If I was paying for an ad. on that programme which was scheduled to air after that person was on, I'd be demanding my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

She cant read them out because she's busy smoking fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I think the use of email might be a bit too high-tech for her to be honest.

I would have thought that whether material submitted by listeners makes it to air or not is more often down to researchers and producers than the on air presenter, even one as high-profile as MF. She can't read it if she aint handed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I would have thought that whether material submitted by listeners makes it to air or not is more often down to researchers and producers than the on air presenter, even one as high-profile as MF. She can't read it if she aint handed it.

Probably true in her case as she usually has guests in the studio but I've heard Ray Darcy read out e-mails which were fairly instant responses to something he or one of his panel had said one minute earlier so it sounded to me like he was able to access the incoming e-mails and I'm sure text messages as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

coylemj wrote: »
    Probably true in her case as she usually has guests in the studio but I've heard Ray Darcy read out e-mails which were fairly instant responses to something he or one of his panel had said one minute earlier so it sounded to me like he was able to access the incoming e-mails and I'm sure text messages as well.

It may sound like that, but I know that everything that is sent to the Ray D'arcy show is approved by a production assistant before it gets to air.

Advertisement