Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 Kodak AA batteries for less than €4

• 07-11-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭

Just ordered 12 + 12 free pack of Kodak AA batteries. Price is £3.99 but enter code 071115OFF for 15% off which takes them down to £3.40 which will work out at less than €4. Free delivery btw.

They also have a reasonably priced gaming/music headset for £2.99 (less 15% with code)

Edit: The discount code only applies to orders up till midnight tonight, Sunday afaik.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

Have you used this site before?? looks a little dodgy....
    few bad review after a google search aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I bought off them twice before. First time I had no problems and the second time the order arrived in 2 lots about 2 weeks apart but they emailed in advance saying they didnt have one of the items in stock. So all in all I had no real problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I too had no problems with them, used three times.

tommy21 wrote: »
    Just had a look at those reviews and see they are all 16 months+ old.

By all means avoid the site if you are not comfortable with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

looks good to me. time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Also at MX2 - No 15% voucher code unfortunately - but I've never had any problems with them so may be worth the little bit extra for peace of mind

DurtyMurty wrote: »
    Also at MX2 - No 15% voucher code unfortunately - but I've never had any problems with them so may be worth the little bit extra for peace of mind
    Yes indeed. Another good site that I have dealt with in the past and had no problems with either.

As I said above - whatever people are more comfortable with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Bought these Kodak batteries a few times before, last time they didn't even turn the camera on. Batteries are one thing that are a waste of time if you get cheap ones.

Here it started. i should hve heed the warnings.

Dear Customer,

Sorry but the goods you have ordered are currently out of stock.

ETA: 3-5 working days

Please note this is an approximate date stock will arrive with us only.
    Please accept our apologies for this delay, we do always try to keep high stocks of items in, but sometimes due to high demand, or a general shortage/manufacturing problem it is not always possible.

We will keep these outstanding item/s on backorder for you.

You may cancel this back order by email, unless subsequently, we have despatched it for you.
    Any other item/s on your order that are in stock, will be dispatched for you.

Best Regards
    Customer Services

Bought these Kodak batteries a few times before, last time they didn't even turn the camera on. Batteries are one thing that are a waste of time if you get cheap ones.

are kodak batteries bad ? or just these ones.
    I thought that kodak were a good brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

samhail wrote: »
    ...are kodak batteries bad ? or just these ones.
    I thought that kodak were a good brand

Don't know really, just that these didn't work for me but I haven't tried other Kodak batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

FWIW -

Dear Mx2 Customer,

Sorry but the goods you have ordered are currently out of stock.

ETA: 3-4 working days

Please note this is an approximate date stock will arrive with us only.
    Please accept our apologies for this delay, we do always try to keep high stocks of items
    in, but sometimes due to high demand,or a general shortage/manufacturing problem it is not
    always possible.

We will keep these outstanding item/s on backorder for you.
    When stock arrives we will dispatch the item/s and charge your card.

If you wish to cancel at any time please contact us by email, unless subsequently, we have despatched it for you.
    Any other item/s on your order that are in stock, will be dispatched for you.

Best Regards

Customer Services

On the quality - I've got the AAA's before and found them OK - prob not as good as duracells but OK for most light/medium use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yup, same here, except "ETA: 3-5 working days"

I wonder what happens if you order from the normal MX2 website?

Has anyone noticed that the 2 emails that were quoted above and apparently from 2 different companies are both identical - almost

Its a bit like the Asda/Hut/Zavvi/Sendit set up. Same people different names.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

yeah, but when writing up a hard coded response the first starting point is to copy what someone else does and tweak it a bit, is frightfully similar though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

If you look at the terms and conditions page:

http://www.directfoto.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Paragraph 3
    DIrectfoto is a wholey owned subsidiary of MX2 Computers Ltd and is operated from Guernsey by MX2 Computers Ltd.

And from the contact pages of each the fax number is the same (although phone number and even postcode are not).

Just about to post that. Great minds and all that :)

red_fox wrote: »
    (although phone number and even postcode are not).

Registered office: Directfoto Ltd., Units 5&6 Bouliion Lane, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2BF

MX2 Computers Ltd, Unit 6, Boullion Lane, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2BF

Here's another "sister site"

PhotoGlossy.com Address: 6, Boullion Terrace, Boullion La, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2BF

Got a confirmation email to say the items have been despatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Are the batteries any good? I need loads of batteries right now and loathe paying €5 for duracell 4xAA.. although they are long lasting..

IMO Duracell are probably the best available but Kodak are a good brand name. Ive used them before and found them fair - good so if you can get them in bulk and at a decent price then overall they will last as long if not longer than the Duracell lot - just means changing them more often.

Why not have a look to see whats on offer at the 3 sites listed above. Maybe sign up for their emails as they do have different promotions on a regular basis.

Just to update this. I got the batteries delivered yesterday together with the headphones. Havent tried either yet but bearing in mind that they initially indicated that they were out of stock it took just 9 days for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

For bricks and mortar shops , Homestore and More are genenerally v good for batteries. I got 12 pack of Kodak Max AA for €3.99 last week ... and prior to that got Duracell's for the same price / qty ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

funkyflea wrote: »
    Are the batteries any good? I need loads of batteries right now and loathe paying €5 for duracell 4xAA.. although they are long lasting..

These Batts are crap, don't waste your money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Never go scappy on batteries, unless they are for remotes, I'm sure you could get the same amount of batteries in the €2 shop for about the same, but they're all crap.

Who here has ever bought cheap batteries and then been suprised by how long they lasted, and thought, god they were good value. Noone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The wife bought two 15-packs of Kodak AA batteries a few months ago (about 3 quid each in some random pound shop) for the kids' toys. They don't last pi55ing time in our experience (one was remote control car, the other was an toy piano). I also had the misfortune to put two of them into a wireless mouse, only to find they'd leaked and ruined the mouse. Avoid. Like. The. Plague.

I normally buy my batteries in Power City (€4 for 8 Sony AA) and have never had any problems with them over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I usually buy Hyundai ones from 2e shops, and I find them great. (I use them in Xbox controllers)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Those Kodak batteries are available in UK pound shops 12 for £1 or 24 for £2

Good rechargeable batteries are a better bargain investment in the long run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

I have used Kodak Batteries many times and they are of average standard at best. About 50% of life span of Duracell and they can be weaker too if used in camera. Kodak have a superier battery brand thats just nehind Duracell but charges the same. But that price is extremely cheap 66cent for a pack of 4...

snubbleste wrote: »
    Those Kodak batteries are available in UK pound shops 12 for £1 or 24 for £2

Good rechargeable batteries are a better bargain investment in the long run
    Sorry but those are different batteries altogether. They are zinc whereas the batteries being discussed here are Alkaline which are far more durable. Not in the same league as Duracell but still a reasonable battery.

If people are going to condemn the batteries then feel free to do so but please reference and provide links to the identical battery type so as others can compare like with like and make an informed choice

Right, for all lovers of long lasting/life batteries you can get 8 AA Duracell batteries for less than €3.50 incl. delivery which is a decent enough bargain.

LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

I ordered these and they were supposedly shipped on the 9/11 - I have contacted then twice as they have my shipping address wrong and have yet to receive a reply just wondering if anyone acutally get them yet.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa. yeah i got them. didnt take too long atall. within the week i ordered them i believe. I got an email the next morning said that they were out of stock, then another email a day or two later saying they were dispatched.

samhail wrote: »
    Hi Lisa. yeah i got them. didnt take too long atall. within the week i ordered them i believe. I got an email the next morning said that they were out of stock, then another email a day or two later saying they were dispatched.
    Same as that :)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Right, for all lovers of long lasting/life batteries you can get 8 AA Duracell batteries for less than €3.50 incl. delivery which is a decent enough bargain.

LINK
    Just a wee update on this. I didn't order those particualr batteries as I already have a lot of them but I was in shopping with "her who must be obeyed" in Strabane (NI) last week and picked up the same batteries (4 + 4 free) for €2.79

Advertisement