Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Reviews

Options
  • 07-11-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a gaming website (see sig) and post reviews regularly on the site. Would I be able to post these reviews in the Game Reviews forum, with a message at the end such as Originally Posted On MyInsideGamer, with a hyperlink to the site?

I didn't want to go ahead and do it in case my silly little self broke a rule :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Games review forum is there for individual independent users to submit reviews on games that they've played through and are generally free of bias, although fanboyism is something that can not be really avoided. There is no time limit on them to review it, if they wanted to go back and review Doom 1 they can do so.

Games websites, while all of them claim to be, are never 100% free of bias due to having recieved a free game/t-shirt/other merchandise. There will always be that little thing holding a reviewer on a games website back from being completely honest when reviewing a game.

I'm going to have to say no on this as I feel that it would be against why the forum was originally set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Games review forum is there for individual independent users to submit reviews on games that they've played through and are generally free of bias, although fanboyism is something that can not be really avoided. There is no time limit on them to review it, if they wanted to go back and review Doom 1 they can do so.

Games websites, while all of them claim to be, are never 100% free of bias due to having recieved a free game/t-shirt/other merchandise. There will always be that little thing holding a reviewer on a games website back from being completely honest when reviewing a game.

I'm going to have to say no on this as I feel that it would be against why the forum was originally set up.

Thanks for the reply Kinetic, I'll take that advice :D

Advertisement