Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

37" FULL HD TV €489.99

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Hey Biro, guess the guy with the Iphone couldn't afford to drink so much the night before considering the cost for it, hense the more stady hand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Bought one this evening in Limerick , they were waiting on delivery of more , was told the offer price was ending tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭farmerval

Thanks Greentree, good spot, I got one yesterday in PCWorld in Waterford, really pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Thanks. The OP's LG 37" TV is 50Hz. My main problem with new flat screen TVs is motion blur - I really, really hate motion blur. It makes me feel like I'm drunk/going blind.

Am I better going for a 100Hz TV? If so, what is agood 32 to 37" TV that controls motion blur very well? I'm a bit clueless about all of this advice/opinions gratefully received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd pay the extra 100 and get this instead if you're looking at a 37inch
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2643657/art/panasonic/tx-pf37x10-plasma-screen.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2643657/art/panasonic/tx-pf37x10-plasma-screen.html

Nice one, €569 is a good price. I notice that it is a 100Hz TV, will that sort out the motion blur?

I also notice that the resolution is 1024 x 768 - presumably that makes it a 720p? As others have pointed out, I presume that makes shag all difference on a 37" TV?

It's a French TV (see discussion on AVForums here), which makes sense as Pixmania is French. Does anyone know if the French Freeview in the TV will work with English Freeview? Or does it matter as I am planning to get a satellite dish and freeview box in my new house anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Tester46 wrote: »
    It's a French TV (see discussion on AVForums here), which makes sense as Pixmania is French. Does anyone know if the French Freeview in the TV will work with English Freeview? Or does it matter as I am planning to get a satellite dish and freeview box in my new house anyway?

Well British dtv is on Mpeg2, Irish when it comes out next year will be on mpeg4(this also does mpeg2) and British in a couple of years will be on either mpeg4 or dtv2.

If buying a tv today it's a good idea to look for an mpeg4 onboard tuner, if you're not getting satellite of cable...

That tv in question, it says it has a hd dtv tuner, which would suggest that it has an mpeg4 tuner. You should google it to make sure though!

Effluo wrote: »
    Well British dtv is on Mpeg2, Irish when it comes out next year will be on mpeg4(this also does mpeg2) and British in a couple of years will be on either mpeg4 or dtv2.

If buying a tv today it's a good idea to look for an mpeg4 onboard tuner, if you're not getting satellite of cable...

That tv in question, it says it has a hd dtv tuner, which would suggest that it has an mpeg4 tuner. You should google it to make sure though!

Thanks. For the moment I'm getting a satellite dish and a freeview box, together with a roof aerial for RTE etc. Good idea re: MPEG4, would be nice to have an in-built tuner for when the Irish stations go digital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

When you say freeview box do you mean digital tuner?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

Anyone know if this offer is still on at Currys as i might pick one of these up tomorrow?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Effluo wrote: »
    When you say freeview box do you mean digital tuner?
    I think he means a Free-to-air satellite receiver.

Freeview is the brand name for British DTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

Working great at 1080p with xbox 360 elite. though I seem to recollect and may be wrong that older ones only disable 1080i

and from wikipedia

"Current generation video game consoles such as Sony's PlayStation 3 (all models) and Microsoft's Xbox 360 (specific models manufactured after June 2007 only) are able to display 1080p through HDMI ports"

There isnt a whole bunch of games available in 1080p though,
    most are only 720p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Feck Off wrote: »
    Anyone know if this offer is still on at Currys as i might pick one of these up tomorrow?
    I think it was due to finish on Wednesday, it's not on the website any more, "deal of the week" is now a Samsung 40" Full HD for €549.99, might be worth looking at instead. Powercity have put up the price of their LG - 37LH3010 to €599.99 in any case.

From the UK website the model of the 40" Sammy is LE40B530P.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Both currys and powercity have the 40".

• Advertisement
Advertisement