Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Artillery

Options
  • 07-11-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we now have an artillery system that we will be installing in The Compound for game use but we haven't made the rules for them yet.

We are looking for help in making up a rule system for artillery (obviously if each team has unlimited artillery it will just be a long range game).

So how do you guys think we should limit the use of the artillery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Maybe you could only make it available in some game modes, only thing i could think of :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

No idea but I want to see a photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

BostonB wrote: »
    No idea but I want to see a photo!

We will be releasing a video on youtube of us testing it in The Warehouse soon enough mate.

Also, only have it available so many times in a game, so if early on a team wastes there artillery then the other team can still use thers later on so they can capture the objective or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Artillery....

This is the same compound located on the end of Dublin airport's runway right?

*headdesk*

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Also, only have it available so many times in a game, so if early on a team wastes there artillery then the other team can still use thers later on so they can capture the objective or something.

Thats an idea, another thing we could do is make it so the teams have to use their own bbs in it (that would diminish it being used quite a bit I'd say). Maybe a point system so the team has to earn the use of the artillery.
    A certain amount of kills or something?

Firekitten wrote: »
    Artillery....

This is the same compound located on the end of Dublin airport's runway right?

*headdesk*

Tis.

Thats an idea, another thing we could do is make it so the teams have to use their own bbs in it (that would diminish it being used quite a bit I'd say). Maybe a point system so the team has to earn the use of the artillery.
    A certain amount of kills or something?
    Yeh, or maybe supply the teams with pellets for one shot and if they want to use it again they have to use there own pellets
    A certain amount of kills would be good too.

Yeh, or maybe supply the teams with pellets for one shot and if they want to use it again they have to use there own pellets
    A certain amount of kills would be good too.

Or maybe both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We will be releasing a video on youtube of us testing it in The Warehouse soon enough mate.

Awesome

you'd have to play a view games to see where the balance lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Im confused. What exactly does this arty fire and how?

Or maybe both?
    Yeh :P

BostonB wrote: »
    Awesome

you'd have to play a view games to see where the balance lies.

Thats a fair point actually, we were tinking that we will only use it in the tank area so that would be another way to eliminate the tank threat also.
    We will provide enough bbs for one shot in each game for each teams 2 artillery weapons systems.

Arcto wrote: »
    Im confused. What exactly does this arty fire and how?

It fires bbs and it uses air pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

It fires bbs and it uses air pressure.

... why so vague?

Like shoots them up into the air and then rains down?

... why so vague?

How is that vague? Thats the exact answer to his question.

Like shoots them up into the air and then rains down?

Thats it boss, we will provide grid references so you can properly aim the mechanism as they will be secured on a platform. There will be two in each base.

Thats it boss, we will provide grid references so you can properly aim the mechanism as they will be secured on a platform. There will be two in each base.

Thata sounds interesting :)

Ye must have had to do alot of calibration to get the aiming right!

Thata sounds interesting :)

Ye must have had to do alot of calibration to get the aiming right!

The spread is amazing with these things so even with the grid references its going to be really hard. When you take timing and wind pressure into consideration.

We haven't made it all yet, we have just sussed that we can do it so all the above is just theory right now. We have the device which is why we are looking for help sorting everything else out dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Can you move them? Cause you could do a game where if a team captures them they can use them, would create a nice side objective for a game.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Can you move them? Cause you could do a game where if a team captures them they can use them, would create a nice side objective for a game.

We were thinking for safety reason it would be better if they were secured to a fixed platform but we did tests in The Warehouse last night (at close range) and no injury was caused to me or anyone else but there is some recoil off them, so I don't know how safe it would be to have them moveable.

You could still allow the enemy team to capture and use them though.

A type of game mode could be both teams have to try capture where the artillerys are set and then the team defending it could use the artillery to hold the other team off :P

A type of game mode could be both teams have to try capture where the artillerys are set and then the team defending it could use the artillery to hold the other team off :P

That would be the point of the artillery dude, it would be mainly a defensive mechanism to stop tanks or large infantry assaults and it will be in the bases so that would be the primary objective of the game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

so basically its a shotgun style system firing at an arce spread over an area, sounds like the madbull paintball style shower grenade system, interesting to see some more details as there has been a lot of attempts at airsoft artillery almost the same that never took off for some reason, especially in such a small area unless good rules and scenario could become a little over powered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

We were thinking for safety reason it would be better if they were secured to a fixed platform but we did tests in The Warehouse last night (at close range) and no injury was caused to me or anyone else but there is some recoil off them, so I don't know how safe it would be to have them moveable.

You could still allow the enemy team to capture and use them though.

I mean you guys could move them to a new location for a game, more in the middle of two bases say. Not players moving them themselves.

Puding wrote: »
    so basically its a shotgun style system firing at an arce spread over an area, sounds like the madbull paintball style shower grenade system, interesting to see some more details as there has been a lot of attempts at airsoft artillery almost the same that never took off for some reason, especially in such a small area unless good rules and scenario could become a little over powered

Very well put, we are afraid that it will be to powerfull which is why we want a good set of rules for it.

We know it will work, we decided not to go for somethng that would fire for miles to ensure that we got a realistic model. The problem at hand is making one that obides by the law. We definitely have it sussed though.

I'd say the reason they never took off is because of the hastle of getting around the laws regarding the sport, we decided to choose the expensive option. Basically every time it is used it has to be refilled with air pressure or whatever, filled with bbs and then you are good to go. That is another reason we don't want it movable, becasue we have to have the refill thing right beside it.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I mean you guys could move them to a new location for a game, more in the middle of two bases say. Not players moving them themselves.

Alright yeah, that could be done now. Twud still be a bit of a hastle though but may be worth it if it suits a good game mode.

Anyone ever see those paint mortars? I allways wondered would it have the capacity to break someones neck if it landed square on their head.
    The projectile is quiet heavy after all.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever see those paint mortars? I allways wondered would it have the capacity to break someones neck if it landed square on their head.
    The projectile is quiet heavy after all.

One of our first ideas was to put the bbs into some sort of wod and have the wod fired up and it would then release the bbs but we were worried bout the wod falling down and hitting someone which is why it took us ages to find get it sorted cause we had find a way to fire loose bbs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement