Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to United V Chelsea

Options
  • 07-11-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent pub in the city centre or northside somewhere to watch the game tomorrow. Dont want a sports bar kinda place, just a decent pub, decent guinness and a nice bit of sunday grub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Slunk wrote: »
    Looking for a decent pub in the city centre or northside somewhere to watch the game tomorrow. Dont want a sports bar kinda place, just a decent pub, decent guinness and a nice bit of sunday grub.

problem with that is if you don't go to a sports bar the place will be packed with restricted view of the TV and no where to sit...

That said the bank is pretty good on Dame street -good grub and two screens the only problem is the last couple of times I stuck my head in there one of the TVs wasn't working
    Beaumont House has good grub but a €5 a pint is just too much IMO.
    Autobahn good grub but the TV set up is poor so unless you get in that corner forget it.
    just a few random thoughts:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the brian boru in phibsboro is good for football and sunday dinner

also fagans in drumcondra is also a good football/sunday dinner place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Old Trafford would be my first port of call, zinggggggg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Slunk wrote: »

What about that place you helped get me barred from? (the night of the lost jacket + keys, etc.) Don't think your man is still there :)

I know it's not palace material but in town what do you expect? They do a decent dinner as well to be fair.
    Failing that I like Grand Central on O'Connell st, do food as well, although if you fancy, plenty of fatty nosh places around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Sinnots of St Stephens Green. Decent grub, nice clientel and good big TV's. If you smoke can even watch it when you nip out for a cig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its a hard mix to find. Most places are incapable of serving food close to match time. The Ivy House in Drumcondra is well set up to serve food and allow you to watch the match, might be a bit too far North for ya though. A good seat in the Woolshed and a platter is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Old Trafford would be my first port of call, zinggggggg.

In Dublin? or do you mean the actual Old Trafford casue if you do the game is in Stamford Bridge:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Locamon wrote: »
    In Dublin? or do you mean the actual Old Trafford casue if you do the game is in Stamford Bridge:confused:

Yea it would be much more entertaining watching it at stamford bridge me thinks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

what about the livingroom, cathal brugha street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Locamon wrote: »
    Danye wrote: »
    Yea it would be much more entertaining watching it at stamford bridge me thinks! :rolleyes:

Well the title is United V Chelsea, which in that order one would presume that it's a "United home game.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement