Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman Banned For BAD Tackles!

• 07-11-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4629837

Check out the videos, awesome tackles. Ya wouldn't see better in 5 a side!

I wouldn't bother reading the quoted part :pac:
    New Mexico women's soccer defender Elizabeth Lambert has been suspended indefinitely after engaging in rough play -- including hauling an opposing player to the ground by her pony tail -- in the Lobos' 1-0 loss to BYU in the Mountain West Conference semifinals.
    Lambert is prohibited from taking part in practices, games and conditioning, coach Kit Vela announced Friday.

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," Vela said.
    Video footage of the game shows Lambert, a junior, committing a series of excessively rough plays, including kicking, tackles, a forearm shiver to the back -- in response to an elbow to the ribs -- and yanking BYU forward Kassidy Shumway to the ground by her hair.
    Lambert was assessed a yellow card during the 76th minute, apparently for tripping.

On Friday, Lambert apologized for her actions, saying she was "deeply and wholeheartedly regretful."
    "I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary," Lambert said. "This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them.

"I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."
    The Mountain West said it endorsed New Mexico's discipline of Lambert, saying her actions violated the conference's sportsmanship policy. The conference said it would continue an internal review of "the overall dynamic involved in the match" and said it would not comment further.
    "Liz's conduct on the field against BYU was completely inappropriate," said Paul Krebs, New Mexico's vice president for athletics. "There is no way to defend her actions."

BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe, in a news release, said Krebs had contacted him after the incident.
    "It's an unfortunate incident that occurred in the game Thursday afternoon," Holmoe said. "The University of New Mexico and the Mountain West Conference have reviewed the situation and have acted appropriately ... I am pleased with his immediate response to the matter."

New Mexico (13-5-3) was the No. 4 seed in the tournament. Top-seeded BYU (17-2-2), ranked No. 17 in the NCSAA/adidas College Soccer Women's Top 25, advanced to the tournament final against San Diego State with the win.
    The Cougars scored the game's lone goal on a Carlee Payne header off a direct kick in the 31st minute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

wow, she's a hottie.

as were a few of the girlies in that video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

She was only going after the finers, particularly the one who's ponytail she pulled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Like you wouldn't believe! And you wouldn't see half the rolling around on the floor crying like you would in a mens game.

I still have bruises 2 months later from a match I played. It was a deadly game to play in though!

She was ridiculous though. My God! Perhaps once in a game but that many times is a sign of serious anger issues and quick temperament. I would not like to see her back in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

opps, didn't see this thread

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Haha the one with the ponytail went flying back:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a fúcking joke, the only reason we are seeing this is because they're women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In fairness to her, women go down very easily

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

You lost me at womens soccer zzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The only thing shocking about that video is the ref

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quint wrote: »
    And the presenter who sounds like he's never watched football before

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Quint wrote: »

Taught the same thing to myself to be honest.

Funny all the same

Advertisement