Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the north side, where to live?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Starting work in blanchardstown hospital Monday week. I want to live close enough to town but don't want a huge commute. I'm familiar with the city but I've never lived in the north side before. I don't drive so I'd like to be close to bus/train routes!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Check out the Dublin 15 forum.

Will you be renting or buying?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you might get a better response in the dublin fifteen forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stevoxbx wrote: »
    Starting work in blanchardstown hospital Monday week. I want to live close enough to town but don't want a huge commute. I'm familiar with the city but I've never lived in the north side before. I don't drive so I'd like to be close to bus/train routes!

Any suggestions?
    Dublin 15 itself would cover you for the lesser commute side of things (although it depends where in Dublin 15) but that's not "close enough to town". What about Dublin 7? North Circular Road, Stoneybatter, Navan Road, Cabra, Phibsborough etc?
    I lived in Phibsborough with two people who worked in Blanchardstown - one in James Connolly, like yourself. They bussed it - seemed to work out fine. I think Phibsborough's a great area - plenty of facilities and only about 25 minutes' walk from O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Clonsilla area might be a thought? Nice place and near enough to where you'll be working. Would you consider living in Blanchardstown to make it easier again?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

Stoneybatter is a handy spot, it's close to town and the 39 bus runs through it which goes to blanch, would be a short commute, or theres the navan road area, cabra....

• Advertisement
Advertisement