Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear with this dress for a winter wedding?

• 07-11-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'd love some opinions on what to wear with a dress for a wedding at the end of the month. My big problem is that the dress has ruffles at the front so I'm not sure if something fitted like a shrug/bolero could look bulky over it. I haven't been to any weddings before that weren't in the summer so I'm completely lost as to what to wear over the dress? Do people normally wear a wrap/coat/anything else? I'm imagining it'll be fairly cold and the church is very big and has been freezing any other time i've been in there, so I'll definitely need something to keep me any bit warmer! Any advice would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Gorgeous dress op!

I'd say wear a nice coat, you can take it off at the reception and not freeze to death in the church! I think a good dressy coat is essential for a winter wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lovely colour.

Buy a coat (or get a loan). You'll be warm and able to deal with rain/snow/winds, plus you'll have a coat to wear all winter.

I've been at winter weddings where girls have worn nothing but a shawl - and turned a gorgeous shade of blue as a result.

Smarten up the coat with leather gloves and a nice brooch or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A dressy* coat.

The most expensive dress looks cheap and common when worn to a winter wedding with nowt but a shawl/throw/shrug.

*If you can't buy a dressy coat, borrow one. If you can't borrow a dressy one then wear an ordinary one. Basically make sure you wear a coat!

Agree with other posters, nice broach and leather gloves will brighten the coat up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I've got a dressy black winter mac from lipsy I might go with that so- thanks for all the help!

Advertisement