Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye Vs Valuev Fight

Options
  • 07-11-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anyone know a pub in town that has bought this in? Coverage starts at 8pm on sky box office with the main fight starting at 9.30 - 10.00, depending on the preceding fights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Main fight is scheduled to start between 22:00 and 22:15.

Haye is refusing to come to the ring until after the X-factor shows tonight. That was announced last night. Whether he is trying to avoid the fight's ratings being hit or whether he is waiting to see how Jedward get on is another story. :D

As for pubs showing it, I don't know tbh, I'm watching it at home. Generally boxing does not get much of a sniff in Irish pubs on a Saturday night unless there is Irish involvement.

Should be an interesting fight though with the quicker but much smaller (about six foot two) Haye taking on the bigger ( about seven foot two) but much slower Valuev.

Will be an interesting test to see if Haye is any good at heavyweight though as Valuev is not a pushover, and his sheer size can wear a fighter down.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I got word that Phil Flannerys and the StillHouse are showing it. Looking forward to it now. :)

fade2che wrote: »
    I got word that Phil Flannerys and the StillHouse are showing it. Looking forward to it now. :)

Cool, enjoy it. Been a while since we had a heavyweight title fight on this early in the night, and one that could be won by either fighter at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Claws are showing it. Hope Haye wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Still house would be the best place to watch it, because then you can stroll out afterwards and watch a live boxing match outside Supermacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Cheers lads I'm just headin out to claws now! Hope it's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

watched the first 6 rounds on the web and was pure rubbish .thankfully the kids woke up and would not go back to sleep so i missed the rest. did it get any better.

watched the first 6 rounds on the web and was pure rubbish .thankfully the kids woke up and would not go back to sleep so i missed the rest. did it get any better.

It was an awful fight to watch. Haye rocked him in the last round, but if you saw the first six, then just imagine more of the same for the next six.

They fought like men whose desire not to lose was greater than their desire to win.

Advertisement