Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Calendar

• 07-11-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm interested in making just a one page calendar (because I'll need a bunch of them) using some of my own photographs and a one year calendar.

I've done it before on another computer. It had Media Center, I think, so there was a template, all I had to do was bring in the photos and arrange.

I dont have access to that computer anymore. Only Windows XP which doesn't seem to have that capability (as far as I can see)

Is there a simple alternative that anyone can direct me to? Something online? Preferably free. End quality is not the primary factor so not really interested in a professional lab, just something that I can do on my own and can print off at home.

All help and advice much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

If you open word there should be a calendar template there that you can use.
    Which version of Office are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

You could download a trial of Adobe Indesign or Illistrator do the layout and export it as a PDF. Both are free for 30days as with Photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

No Office on the computer, just Microsoft Works which has a calendar but only one to use online as a diary. I'll look closer in case I'm missing something.

I'll also take a look at the Adobe recommendations. Thanks for those.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭petercox

I've just finished the design for my 2010 calendar using Illustrator (http://www.petercox.ie/blog/2009/11/2010_calendar_preview.php).

The recommendation to use the trial is a good one, it's a fully-featured one, just expiring after 30 days.

It does require a bit of a learning curve if you've never used it before, though.

There's a handy script here: http://kelsocartography.com/blog/?p=1403

It will create the calendar automatically in a variety of formats.

As far as online services go, I've heard good things about www.bobbooks.co.uk although I haven't used them myself.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

I made a few calendars last year using photobox.
    The quality was good, and it's wasn't too bad to use online.
    There are only a limited number of styles, but they usually do 3-for-2.

Might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I did a calendar a few years ago in photoshop but have totally forgotten how i did it

on Jeffrey Fried''s Blog theres a free script for creating calendars which looks good.
    theres a few other photo blogs offering free templates just search the net and you'll find them (you'll need photoshop)

snapfish do a nice one for €20 :)

Advertisement