Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The crows....

• 07-11-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Anyone ever in the village around 7am? Its freaky as hell seeing all the crows out. Hundreds and hundreds of them. Its like a hitchcock movie. All of them lined up on the roof of bradys and supermacs and BOI. Freaky as hell.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

No self respecting student is awake at 7am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

or just after dusk as the chapel bell rings on old campus, and they all flock off and circle around..
    scary sh*t first time I saw it on my own :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

My problem with them is that they're huge! Mayo crows would be terrified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

irish_goat wrote: »
    No self respecting student is awake at 7am!

I was coming home from work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

There's a big mast in the middle of Silken Vale and every day just as it's hitting dusk it gets filled with all these little sparrows/i don't know what the hell they are.
    It's well strange though as they're all tweeting and singing, but it almost sounds like the waves coming from the mast affect them and they're tweeting sounds like static(trying to tune a radio).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I was in the main street around half six am a few weeks ago.

Holy. Crap. It really has to be seen to be believed. It's actually amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If I'm around that early I'm usually too drunk/hungover to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Ah jesus this is hard to miss though. I would stand to watch them but its just too goddamn cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

really is a sight to behold, a freaky sight...but a sight none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

They are massive, it must be said and so many of them, like there must be some amount of rubbish to feed all those massive birds.They'd take your eye out with one movement like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

walking tru town c. 6 am drunk and/or hungover, looks up to see MILLIONS!!!! literally MILLIONS of crows, freaky ass sh|t . i was sure i was about to be murdered......:D:D:D:D. (see what i did there:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

dr.quirky wrote: »
    walking tru town c. 6 am drunk and/or hungover, looks up to see MILLIONS!!!! literally MILLIONS of crows, freaky ass sh|t . i was sure i was about to be murdered......:D:D:D:D. (see what i did there:))

I strongly endorse this simple but effective pun.

Advertisement