Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Author signings

Options
  • 07-11-2009 5:16pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Anywhere online that I could check for appearances of authors in various places around Ireland?

If not, could this thread be a good place to start listing what people know about? :)

Would hate to let an easy opportunity to meet a favourite author pass by simply for lack of foreknowledge.

(Spurred by the fact that I met and spoke to Michael Palin today only because I happened to be watching the Late Late show for the first time in ages.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

CuLT wrote: »
    Anywhere online that I could check for appearances of authors in various places around Ireland?

If not, could this thread be a good place to start listing what people know about? :)

Would hate to let an easy opportunity to meet a favourite author pass by simply for lack of foreknowledge.

(Spurred by the fact that I met and spoke to Michael Palin today only because I happened to be watching the Late Late show for the first time in ages.)

check the websites of the various booksellers they usually list them there

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Locamon wrote: »
    check the websites of the various booksellers they usually list them there
    My apologies, should have been clearer, I mean a centralised location!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Easons facebook page has info on instore signings.
    http://www.facebook.com/EasonBookClub

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

Poetry Reading with John F.Deane

Distinguished poet, novelist and critic John F. Deane will visit Blanchardstown library on Thursday 26th November at 7.00pm.

All Welcome!
    Admission is Free!

Come along on the night!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Easons "Events" page is a good start too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

As per BlanchLibrarys contribution, I think this thread could double serve as an events thread...

UCC English Lit Society is proud to present the second reading in our Series from the inimitable Sean Bonney of London, England.

The reading will be held on Tuesday the 17th of November in UCC West Wing 3 @7pm.

FREE ENTRY! ALL ARE WELCOME!

Sean Bonneys website: http://abandonedbuildings.blogspot.com/

Advertisement