Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant get online but can...

• 07-11-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hey, first time here so hope its the right place to ask. ok a few days ago my internet crapped out or so i thought.. basicaly anyone else can get online through the router wired or wireless (its upc's cisco piece of crap) but i cant get to any webpages so i assume its a problem with my pc or drivers or somthing.
    i can however get on msn live messenger and torrents and such still work. i rolled back the ethernet driver, no difference, updated it and it worked for a minute but then back to same old same old.. tried wireless and no help either i reset the router and all that jazz got no idea what is wrong., any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

browser issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CyberGimp109

tried firefox and internet explorer.. ill reinstall tomorow, im away from the house so looking for a few things i can try when i get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i can however get on msn live messenger and torrents and such still work
    Sounds like a problem I once had. Could still use mIRC, but webpages wouldn't show. Found the way to fix it was to go into command prompt as an administrator, and run netsh winsock reset catalog and then reboot when it tells you to. Fixed the problem for me a few times.

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds like a problem I once had. Could still use mIRC, but webpages wouldn't show. Found the way to fix it was to go into command prompt as an administrator, and run netsh winsock reset catalog and then reboot when it tells you to. Fixed the problem for me a few times.

ill try that when i get home hopefully itll get me back to my internet addiction.

can you tell me what that actually does? just so i know

cheers
    keep the ideas coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

try adding ip address into browser 216.239.59.99

or ping from command prompt

seems like dns issue if you can access Internet through other apps except browser

• Advertisement

yeh when i did the whole windows diagnose and repair it said couldnt contact... through dns, but wouldnt that stop everyone from goin online and not just me?

how exactly do i add them.. just type in the address bar? or whereabouts.. and same with the ping in cmd im new enough to this kinda stuff.

bump, anyone else? or just how to do what i asked.
    heading home soon so gonna try out all this.

ok changed an option about upnp flood ip. or similar, does this give a clue as to whats wrong? i can now get online but certain things dont load and things are slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

what applications have you installed just before this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

try this cant hurt the pc or break anything, start / run / cmd

once in the command window type: ipconfig /flushdns

And hit enter.

• Advertisement

about what i installed recentlyt. nothing as far as i can remember.
    and as to flushing the dns i tried that id didnt fix it on its own anyway. that mightave worked with the flood ip setting maybe? i dunno.
    im online again anyway and things seem to be loading fine(ish). but still think
    its not perfect or anything its probably only a matter of time before it happens again

Advertisement