Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves vs. Arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

can see it being 5 or 6 nil here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Another worryingly anonymous performance by Arshavin so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Did anyone catch what the minutes silence at the start of the game was for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Morf wrote: »

Same at every game, for those who lost their lives in the war. Same with the poppies on the jerseys.

Morf wrote: »

I think today is remberence day in UK so it was for the people who lost there lives in WW1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Frisbee wrote: »

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He just woke up :D Sweet finish!

Arshavin: Stick that in your pipe.

Me: /facepalm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Well he was quality against AZ during the week..!? Set up pretty much every goal.

Same at every game, for those who lost their lives in the war. Same with the poppies on the jerseys.

They are going to auction off the Arsenal tops with the poppies also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

And then he scores..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

any1 get the asisst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

I've said before that his form last season was probably not a true reflection of what we can expect from him.

He seems happy to go about his business and adds a touch of quality when the moment presents itself.

Doyle is getting no service.

I fear for Wolves on this performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Arsenal with 81% of the posession this half.

Pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Boggles wrote: »
    Mark Kennedy.

What ever happend him?

He's at Cardiff, their regular left back.

Paleface wrote: »
    I've said before that his form last season was probably not a true reflection of what we can expect from him.

He seems happy to go about his business and adds a touch of quality when the moment presents itself.

Not even that.

Last year he would harry and put defenders under pressure all the time. This year he's just not putting the hard graft in. Gibbs has been left exposed on a few occasions because of him.

Theres no doubting his class, but I'd expect more of him. Even the game midweek, yes he got three assists, but the amount of possession he squandered was criminal.

dfbemt wrote: »
    Arsenal with 81% of the posession this half.

Pure class

81%

wow sweet jesus do Wolves only have five players on field:p

He's at Cardiff, their regular left back.

Yeah seen him play the other day.

• Advertisement

81% but can see us giving away that usual goal.......

Cesc looks a bit tired now.

Very poor from van Persie, should have blemmed it on his right foot after his first cut back.

Chance for Rosicky. Could have been 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

no matter how well arsenal play you always expect them to concede, i still think that'll be their downfall this season.

Typical Arsenal

FFS

dfbemt wrote: »
    81% but can see us giving away that usual goal.......

Cesc looks a bit tired now.

We just gave it away.

Piss poor marking and 3 on the line. Easy header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Wolves goal, free header from a corner.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    no matter how well arsenal play you always expect them to concede, i still think that'll be their downfall this season.

As do I. Look at the only two real tests we've had this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

FFS. Shouldn't be this frustrating to concede when you're 4-0...

• Advertisement

That will do :) pity we have a break now :mad:

Still, 3 points and good for the goal difference.

Eduardo goal was a peach.

Poor Mick looks like his ass is in a bacon slicer :D

I agree Laura.

I also agree that Arshavins general play aint been up to scratch this season, however i really think thats just the kind of player he is. He is responsible for me saying the most stoopid football related sentence i've ever said. after the game at Anfield last year when i said, "in fairness, he did literally nothing! except score his 4 goals"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Possibly.

Imo it was 50/50, there was contact, but not enough to warrant a peno.

Shhhh, dont tell Rooney that!:p

jank wrote: »
    Shhhh, dont tell Rooney that!:p

Oh God....

Good win over all without doing too much. The goals came at the right time and from then on it was easy enough. Pity about the late goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I also agree that Arshavins general play aint been up to scratch this season, however i really think thats just the kind of player he is. He is responsible for me saying the most stoopid football related sentence i've ever said. after the game at Anfield last year when i said, "in fairness, he did literally nothing! except score his 4 goals"

I told people here last season that Arshavin wouldn't be able to maintain his form...

I hate conceding poxy f*cking goals.

I told people here last season that Arshavin wouldn't be able to maintain his form...

I hate conceding poxy f*cking goals.

Well just look at his assists and goals so far this season. If that is a world class player on poor form then imagine when he will be on top form..

He will have a big say on this season from an Arsenal point of view and he would walk into any premier league team apart from maybe Chelsea who have loads of midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

jank wrote: »
    Well just look at his assists and goals so far this season. If that is a world class player on poor form then imagine when he will be on top form..

He will have a big say on this season from an Arsenal point of view and he would walk into any premier league team apart from maybe Chelsea who have loads of midfielders.

there's lies, damn lies and statistics.

Arshavin has been poor this season. His stats have been inflated by him getting involved in goals when matches are effectively over, but he's not having near the same impact in terms of the general play. He's very quiet for the most part, and his passing has been awful on occasion.

If you cant see that then you've allowed yourself to buy into the hype a bit too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I can remember him once this season so far - Utd at Old Trafford.

I hate the term "world class"

but imo, what world class is, top few in the world at what you do, Arshavin is not world class.

I hate the term "world class"

but imo, what world class is, top few in the world at what you do, Arshavin is not world class.

I dislike the whole "world class" term myself but I do feel that Arshavin is close to it.

As most people including myself on here have been saying he doesn't set the world alight every time he plays. I think thats not his style. In fairness no one here ever heard of him until he won the UEFA cup with Zenit and then spearheaded Russia in Euro 2008. Can anyone honestly say they've watched him playing for Zenit day in day out? If so then you should be voicing your opinion here.

All any of us have to go on as Arsenal fans is when he hit the premiership with a bang last season. It was the type of form that has ultimately proved to be unmaintainable for him and now people are starting to question him unfairly in my opinion.

Personally I feel Arsenal are lucky to have him and all the other top clubs in the premiership would like to have him also. He's added a level of experience and guile to the team that was lacking and will prove his worth over the course of the season.

We just have to accept he's not the kind of player that grabs all the headllines every week. Is that what people deem to be world class??

I guarantee he will come up with the goods this season at some point when it really matters!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

When Arshavin has been good for 2 years or more than I wil consider the label.

Paleface wrote: »
    We just have to accept he's not the kind of player that grabs all the headllines every week. Is that what people deem to be world class??

no, personally i'd deem the best 3 or 4 in their position in the world to be world class.

no, personally i'd deem the best 3 or 4 in their position in the world to be world class.

:D

This is a stupid argument cause no one can honestly say what is or isn't world class. Field sports are inherently like that. A player can be world class but might not have achieved everything there is to achieve within the game.

Other players have more medals than you can shake a stick at but you wouldn't dream of mentioning them in the same breath as Messi, Ronaldo etc.

In other sports you have to have won certain things to be considered amongst the greats. Its like a pedigree I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

World class means doing it internationaly.

WC Euros etc:

not it doesn't.

not in the slightest imo.

Ryan Giggs, George Best, Roy Keane, Drogba etc. **** all internationally. All world class at one point or another.

So name 3 or 4 better players in that position?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    World class means doing it internationaly.

WC Euros etc:

Not every player plays for a country that puts him in that position though. Can't think of a current example of this off the top of my head but George Weah springs to mind as a player who was world class in his day is Liberian. World player of the year 1995!!!!

there's lies, damn lies and statistics.

Arshavin has been poor this season. His stats have been inflated by him getting involved in goals when matches are effectively over, but he's not having near the same impact in terms of the general play. He's very quiet for the most part, and his passing has been awful on occasion.

If you cant see that then you've allowed yourself to buy into the hype a bit too much.

Not at all. I agree with his general play being poor BUT he is still scoring and getting himself involved with creating goals. That is a sign of a damm good player who may not be firing on all cylinders.

I think he needs to do more but lets wait a few more months before we consign him as a cast off!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement