Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves vs. Arsenal

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

dreamers75 wrote: »
    World class means doing it internationaly.

WC Euros etc:

No it doesn't. It means, if we take on Mars tomorrow, who is in our side. That is, who has the class to represent our world.

My, and the only rational, understanding. ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    no, personally i'd deem the best 3 or 4 in their position in the world to be world class.

Key phrase, and nonsense. How do you get to decide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

nipplenuts wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It means, if we take on Mars tomorrow, who is in our side. That is, who has the class to represent our world.

My, and the only rational, understanding. ;)

Ha!! Taking on Mars. Does Rooney play for them??!

Paleface wrote: »
    Ha!! Taking on Mars. Does Rooney play for them??!

I bet he does, if they pay the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jank wrote: »
    So name 3 or 4 better players in that position?

well he's a tough cookie to nail positionally! so if he's an attacking midfielder/winger/forward.

Ronaldo, Aguero, Iniesta, Ribery, Rooney, Gerrard, Van Persie, Kaka even Messi ain't too far from a similar positionally, all imo are far better players.

Don't get me wrong btw, i'm a fan of Arshavin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

well he's a tough cookie to nail positionally! so if he's an attacking midfielder/winger/forward.

Ronaldo, Aguero, Iniesta, Ribery, Rooney, Gerrard, Van Persie, Kaka even Messi ain't too far from a similar positionally, all imo are far better players.

Don't get me wrong btw, i'm a fan of Arshavin.

LOL so basicly you take ALL of the world class players of an attacking variety and lump them in with him......way to go to prove a point;)

You could have 5-6 players of the above playing in the SAME team! never mind this dicusion being based around the players who is best in his position

he plays a variety of positions tbf.

LOL so basicly you take ALL of the world class players of an attacking variety and lump them in with him......way to go to prove a point;)

You could have 5-6 players of the above playing in the SAME team! never mind this dicusion being based around the players who is best in his position

Actually, no. This discussion: Wolves vs. Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm not getting your point here?

You asked him to name better players and he has done so?

LOL came up with this beauty.
    Arshavin may be world class, so thats Rafa 3-Wenger 1. by your own standards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62595313&postcount=146

Today
    Arshavin is not world class.

Do you always change your mind so fast, what was it now, 3 weeks or so.:D:D

Get a grip man, at least be consistent with your uber rose tinted dribble and rants:)

All these poor Liverpool results must be making you lose your memory:p

• Advertisement

i said "he may be world class". i didnt see the point in arguing about it in that other thread so i conceded and said maybe he is under your standards because it didnt really make any difference to the point i was trying to make.

it really depends on the definition of world class, in this thread here tonight we were talking about top 3 in the world.

he isnt world class under that definition imo.

not really fussed tbh, i like him, class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Actually, no. This discussion: Wolves vs. Arsenal

Yeah we've kind of strayed off topic here but the whole who is or isn't world class is an interesting topic. It can't be accurately defined I believe.

You can throw obvious names around but so can anyone else and their dog.

Maybe its a discussion for another thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I think he needs to do more but lets wait a few more months before we consign him as a cast off!;)

Ah come on now I suggested nothing of the sort.

Some people seem to find it incredulous that he's not at the heart of everything we do this season, but i was pointing out that if you look back through his career he's always been a bit of an on-off player.

i said "he may be world class". i didnt see the point in arguing about it in that other thread so i conceded and said maybe he is under your standards because it didnt really make any difference to the point i was trying to make.

it really depends on the definition of world class, in this thread here tonight we were talking about top 3 in the world.

he isnt world class under that definition imo.

not really fussed tbh, i like him, class player.

Saying maybe he is, is very different to saying he may be...
    If you were consistent you would have said tonight he might be, maybe he is rather than he is NOT! After all no defintion of world class had been arranged prior to you making those comments as you have just alluded to above in a way to try and worm yourself out of this predicament.

Backtrack away anyway, what was written is written and people can judge for themselves.

Ah come on now I suggested nothing of the sort.

Some people seem to find it incredulous that he's not at the heart of everything we do this season, but i was pointing out that if you look back through his career he's always been a bit of an on-off player.

IMO I think he is a big game player which will be very curcial coming into the close of the season. Maybe he doesnt get up for wolves away as he would for say inter in the Q/F's of the CL. In big games he turns it on and the biggest game of the season we had this year was United away.

Also I think the slight change of formation is not helping him. He is stuck out wide more than he would like and he would much rather to play in the hole behind the lead striker. That my opinion of him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

not it doesn't.

not in the slightest imo.

Ryan Giggs, George Best, Roy Keane, Drogba etc. **** all internationally. All world class at one point or another.

Drogba? **** all for his country? Really? Have a look at his record!

fella said has to do it in World Cups or EC. Drogba has done nowt in the world cup & isnt in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

fella said has to do it in World Cups or EC. Drogba has done nowt in the world cup & isnt in Europe.

Eh he scored in the World Cup in Ivory Coasts first time ever qualifying for it.What else would you like him to do?

Advertisement