Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb and online gaming

• 07-11-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I have not many options for Broadband, Eircom can,t help me, Vodafone and O2 wireless is very poor were i live. I want to play online gaming and i was looking into Digiweb Satellite Tooway i know its expensive, But can games be played with this package. I live in Cavan near the boarder so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Latency on satellite can be crap purely due to the physical distance between your dish and the satellite - so FPS wouldn't be great, the likes of WoW would normally be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Sorry lad! But what i the difference between FPS and WoW, I don't know much about this stuff. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

okay FPS is a first person shooter, WoW is World of Warcraft, ie an online game with millions of people playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    I have not many options for Broadband, Eircom can,t help me, Vodafone and O2 wireless is very poor were i live. I want to play online gaming and i was looking into Digiweb Satellite Tooway i know its expensive, But can games be played with this package. I live in Cavan near the boarder so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

In a nutshell, games where reaction time is important may not play well, e.g. Call of Duty you want to pull the trigger while the enemy is in your crosshairs, not half a second later, making it difficult/impossible to kill anyone and leaving the game basically unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭weisses

satellite is a no go for online gaming ... its just not playable

Advertisement