Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs. France WC Playoff Sat/Wed 14/18 November **K/Os 8 PM/9 PM**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Oh my God. Asleep at the wheel. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Andrews getting involved in attacking at both ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Come on Richie Dunne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sherifu wrote: »
    'Measured' & 'Kilbane'. Doomed from the start...

i think he meant over hit but he didn't wait :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

baz2009 wrote: »
    Would you not just support the team instead of spouting off shíte like this?:mad:

Over-react much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kincsem wrote: »
    What is the French for P45 ? :)

P quarante cinq :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

mewso wrote: »
    Over-react much?

No it wasn't an over-reaction.
    Kilbane is one of Ireland's mostconsistent performers, he doesn't deserve half the shíte that is said about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nails have been bitten a lot whenever Gignac and Gourcuff have the ball. Boring for the neutral I'd say

You know the pre -ads little video break thingy for skysports they do where they play Muse, is that McShane wrapped in a tricolour?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol @ Cascarino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

well.. the commentators here in argentina havent a CLUE what happened in the box w/that handball and wide - anyone any wiser at half time ??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

h
    Kilbane is one of Ireland's most consistent performers

He's consistent at what he does alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I hope we don't rue those missing chances :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very pleased with that first half display. Lawrence is playing well, just needs to work on his final ball. France look like they're struggling to get into their groove although Gourcuff is looking dangerous.

More of the same next half and perhaps a goal to boot please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No it wasn't an over-reaction.
    Kilbane is one of Ireland's mostconsistent performers, he doesn't deserve half the shíte that is said about him.

It was a perfectly valid humorous comment about a guy who has in fairness always given 100% but his delivery/final ball has never really matched his commitment. If you have some bugbear about peoples thoughts on him it's not quite right to accuse someone who is making a witty comment of not getting behind the team.

soma wrote: »
    well.. the commentators here in argentina havent a CLUE what happened in the box w/that handball and wide - anyone any wiser at half time ??

Possible handball (maybe outside the box) by Abidal, then another possible handball by Keano to control it, then Lawrence shot and Evra just got a touch on it to put it wide and then a goal kick was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Im shakin with the nerves. :(:(

I'd like to see Keane face the French goal a bit more. (Always has his back to it)

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The French are a disgrace. Lots of players roaring at each other, sulking and a lack of commitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Decent 1st half with the french having a lot of the ball but doing very little with it.Lawrence should have buried that chance imo.Hopefully we get/create another chance like that.

• Advertisement

It was a perfectly valid humorous comment about a guy who has in fairness always given 100% but his delivery/final ball has never really matched his commitment. If you have some bugbear about peoples thoughts on him it's not quite right to accuse someone who is making a witty comment of not getting behind the team.

Debatable..much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Would you not just support the team instead of spouting off shíte like this?:mad:
    It was funny because Hamilton said 'Kilbane with a measured pass' just before it went out for a goal kick. Check the blood pressure before you burst a blood vessel. I'm supporting the team and I won't be told how to support them by the likes of you. Take off the hyper sensitive green specs and relax.

/ignore

I hope we can get a goal in the second half. The French are dangerous on the break. Overall I am happy enough with that display :)

Good first half from Ireland with one or two slips that we have come to expect unfortunately. Whelan really does my head in tbh. He made some silly errors in that half. Andrews almost too up for it if thats possible. That kind of energy could get a red card as much as a goal. I definitely think we can get something from this but I'm firmly in the don't let them score camp far more than the we must score camp.

Im shakin with the nerves. :(:(

I'd like to see Keane face the French goal a bit more. (Always has his back to it)

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!

Yeh i know but in fairness he doesnt really get the service with the midfield we have so has to come deep, the only time he can really face goal is when Doyle wins a flick on or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

The French are a disgrace. Lots of players roaring at each other, sulking and a lack of commitment.

And thats a bad thing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Decent 1st half tbh, dont think we get much better than this.

Need a goal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

allybhoy wrote: »
    Possible handball (maybe outside the box) by Abidal, then another possible handball by Keano to control it

Thats it in a nutshell

Good game so far , though i suspect ireland are play at 110% while france are playing at about 65% , the second half could be a very different story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Happy with Ireland, the 10 minute period has good, should of scored, but it important France didn't score.

The ref is good, could of giving more to Ireland, wish he had them in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

FFS this forum throws up arguments over the most ridiculous things sometimes.

Anyway, neither team seems to have settled into the game at all, if it stays this way i can see Ireland nicking a goal.
    Youve just got to hope that france dont wake up before Ireland do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

soma wrote: »

**** refereeing. simple as.

been quite pissed off with the ref myself. He was very quick to give France free's for little hands on the back, slight stuff like that, yet it seems Doyle has to be run over by a truck before he'll give anything to him. unsurprising though, figured UEFA would put pressure on them to favour the 'footballing' side.

• Advertisement

allybhoy wrote: »
    Debatable..much

Debate it all you want. Witty or not I don't think it means someone is not behind the team if they make a wise-crack about, gasp, an Irish player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I am pissing like a race horse here, no nails left. Come on Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Eirebear wrote: »

+1, fully agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I dunno I thought the ref did well. I was expecting a good bit of French favouritism but I didn't see any. Suppose it could still come though. Is Platini about actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Great spirit from the team , crowd are brilliant :D

Anelka getting FAR too much time on the ball in the middle , hope that aint going to happen in the 2nd half !!!!!!!

You can feel The country as a whole willing that ball into the net !!

CMON THE BOYS IN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):p:) WOOHOO

When u see the Andrews chance from behind the goal it was a big ask to try and bend it in around the defender from there, probably would have shot myself but he had good options out on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Saw the banner for Eirebhoy - nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the French only realised they needed to up the tempo of the approach play, the slack attitude is deffo to Irelands closing down advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The officials have been very good so far. Good performance from the Irish team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭jacool

Greyham wrote: »
    Thats it in a nutshell

Good game so far , though i suspect ireland are play at 110% while france are playing at about 65% , the second half could be a very different story...
    I hope its easier to get to 100% from 110 than 65 !!
    Ireland may get tired but its tougher for France to raise their game if they aren't "up for it" already with half this game over already.
    We will nick one on 70 minutes and then defend like hell for the last 25 mins.
    Just do not want Given to get booked ! ! !

• Advertisement

Debate it all you want. Witty or not I don't think it means someone is not behind the team if they make a wise-crack about, gasp, an Irish player.

Im only messing mate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

/QUOTE]

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Crowd are great. Hope we improve on a decent 1st half

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mike65 wrote: »
    If the French only realised they needed to up the tempo of the approach play, the slack attitude is deffo to Irelands closing down advantage.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

jacool wrote: »
    I hope its easier to get to 100% from 110 than 65 !!
    Ireland may get tired but its tougher for France to raise their game if they aren't "up for it" already with half this game over already.
    We will nick one on 70 minutes and then defend like hell for the last 25 mins.
    Just do not want Given to get booked ! ! !

Id do agree , we might slip one past in a moment of greatness around 70-75 , and i'll admit , if france stay as dismal as this we may well hold it

Here we go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

good 1st half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Haha, the SawDoctors on the PA. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Best of luck lads, hopefully they can sneak a goal to take to Paris with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

OPENROAD wrote: »

/QUOTE]

+1

-1 for the quote fail .

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement