Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs. France WC Playoff Sat/Wed 14/18 November **K/Os 8 PM/9 PM**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

We take the lead though a jammy Robbie Keane goal in the first half, France pound us for the rest of the game as Richard Dunne is heroic........and in the last minute Aidan McGeady hits them with his pace on the counter, squares it for Doyle 2-0. THEN in the dying seconds a long ball forward and Squilacchi man-handles Leon Best; Robbie Keane steps up for the pen and sends the 'keeper the wrong way. Crowd is electric, media hysteria, Dunphy to say "tonight is the night McGeady became a man."

Or, alternatively, France pound us for the entire game, and nick a goal in the last couple of minutes. 0-1 defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Cant wait.

I have that feeling that Ireland are going to do it. Hopefully they are not famous last words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

a few irish soccer choons i robbed from other places:
    choons

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whatever way it goes, i'm proud of them. They aren't an over skilful bunch, but they have dug deep, found a togetherness and really pushed on as a team.

I'm going to be bold and go for a 2-0 win, doyle and o'shea/dunne from a set piece. Remember folks you heard it here first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Reganovski wrote: »
    Oh my god, I dreamt that would happen too :)
    DFS UTD wrote: »
    just did my pants!!!

seriously , I dreamt it ended 1-1 (st Ledger)

Is everyone having feckin' dreams about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Quietly confident we can take this over the two legs. More wondering though whether tonight could be a bit dull, whether Trap will defend his bollix off so as to go for an away win on Wednesday.

7am in Sydney staying up all night drinking and bantering with a load of French. Gonna be an epic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I live and work in Brazil, and today I was talking to some lads in work, with such exotic names as Felipe, Junior, Rodrigo and errr Jimmy.

Anyway, these guys love football, always talking about São Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras etc, and they all think Ireland has a really good chance of beating the French.

Just thought I'd share that with ya's!

I'm really looking forward to the game now, but also nervous. I remember watching Ireland V Holland in 2001, my stomach was tumbling. I think i'll be even worse tomorrow.

Brazil? Pffffttt...come on Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My head says France will beat us cruelly by a goal. My heart...well read the sig.

Come on Ireland.

My head says France will beat us cruelly by a goal.

Dear Jebus.

I know I don't talk to you much, but PLEASE prove Mr.Nice Guy's head wrong.

Please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

ITS TODAY!!!!!

C'mon Ireland!!!!!

FearDark wrote: »
    ITS TODAY!!!!!

C'mon Ireland!!!!!

It is indeed today.

Iv'e got my nappy on stand-by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Im stuck working on a grain farm smack bang in the backarse of nowhere in South Australia... just spent $250 getting mobile internet purely to watch this match...

COME ON TO FOOK :)

btw, whats the best source for streams? Havent watched a game online in a few months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I think 1-0 to Ireland in Croker and a 2-2 draw in France on Wednesday. Come on Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Getting nervous already, this is gonna be huge. Driving up so I can't have a few pints to settle the nerves! :rolleyes: Really can't wait for it tho, hope everyone goes mental and screams until their lungs hurt!

C'MON IRELAND!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

roryc wrote: »
    Im stuck working on a grain farm smack bang in the backarse of nowhere in South Australia... just spent $250 getting mobile internet purely to watch this match...

COME ON TO FOOK :)

btw, whats the best source for streams? Havent watched a game online in a few months...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055680428&page=9

Jesus Rory fair play to you, my main decisions tonight were Beer or Whiskey or will I light the fire or not. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Boggles wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055680428&page=9

Jesus Rory fair play to you, my main decisions tonight were Beer or Whiskey or will I light the fire or not. :confused:

go for the whiskey ;)

please say its me and not my french flatmate doing the slagging tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

roryc wrote: »
    Im stuck working on a grain farm smack bang in the backarse of nowhere in South Australia... just spent $250 getting mobile internet purely to watch this match..
    Yeah but isn't that only worth about €10 in real money?! ;)

Cant wait for this. Mad nervous already. Be heading into town shortly for a few pints of singing! Thought the weather was supposed tobe sh1t all day? I'll take it as a good omen. :P

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Worst thing Ireland could do is score tonight. Everytime they've scored against decent opposition they concede pretty quickly after it. Take the nil all here tonight.

Predicting a 1-1 draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Biting my nails already.........

COME ON IRELAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

GO GREEN!!!!

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100475:fai-back-go-green-on-november-14-campaign&catid=1:senior-men&Itemid=8

We should aim to be the loudest, craziest fans the French have ever seen!

COME ON IRELAND!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ireland 1 - 2 France

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mike65 wrote: »
    Ireland 1 - 2 France
    Bite yout tongue....bite it!! :P

Really looking foward to this tonight. Gonna get a few drinks after work and intend on having a great time while watching Ireland beat France.

Ireland 2 - 0 France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

already chewing at my nails here - going to head pub bound at around 6pm and get the nerves good and settled ;)

Would be happy with 0-0, and a bit of scoring wizardy within the last 30 seconds (to prevent us from leaving another goal in too quick), and we're well set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I woke up this morning and I believed.

COME ON IRELAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I woke up this mornin and put on this really loud:

Followed by this really loud

Now i'm ready :pac::pac::pac:
    Glory Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus Christ i am so up for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes its a big day for Trap. Will his system work against a big team like france. Will our lack of creativity in midfield in the absence of S Ireland and A Reid finally come home to roost. Tonight will tell us a lot about this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This is the video to get you going. Brings tears to my eyes every time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

While we're lashing up videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Folks does anyone know where I can watch a replay of the game tonight? I wont be able to watch it as I have to work :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Some might say what system does trapp have? :D

Anyway, this is the day Ireland has waited for, for nearly five years.

The stage is set. Croker couldn't be a better place to have it.
    All the pressure is on the French. The likes of Henry, Benzema, all have to perform.

On our side, O'Shea, and Dunne have to be top notch and can't afford one mistake or the French are in, or at least we've to think like that.

Robbie will need to be clinical when he gets chances, and indeed if he does.
    Doyle likewise.
    Would've really liked to see Caleb Folan make an entrance but if Leon best comes on then I'll be happy, I honesty rate him at International level, in trapp's 'system'

This is the day!

14/11/09

The day the Irish finally conquered the French?
    I certainly hope so. :)

Come on you boys in green!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Folks does anyone know where I can watch a replay of the game tonight? I wont be able to watch it as I have to work :(:(:(

Same. Unfortunately!

WATCH IT ONLINE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

PHB wrote: »
    This is the video to get you going. Brings tears to my eyes every time

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Doocey wrote: »
    WATCH IT ONLINE :D

wish I could, but i'm in an off license in a supermarket :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

go for the whiskey ;)

please say its me and not my french flatmate doing the slagging tonight

I'm in work with 3 french guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Tried to get a ticket myself, my was let down/missed the boat, I'm so up for this game I think it's best I'm nowhere near Croker!

One thing to watch, Given is on a yellow but frances entire back four is also, I'm thinking Duffer :rolleyes:

Besides, If we keep it tight and get in their face the French'll do what they always do, crumble. Clichy and Gallas is hardly a Maginot line to begin with eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Dont underestimate listening to footie matches on the radio, whenever i have too do it, i really enjoy it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

F*CKING COME ON!

i can't believe how up for this i was when i woke up.

believe.

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    One thing to watch, Given is on a yellow but frances entire back four is also, I'm thinking Duffer :rolleyes:

That is a serious point, really makes things interesting.. duffer and mcgeady running at those boys are bound to result in a yellow or two..

0-0 tonight and go to france playing a 2nd string defence would be sweet!

Does the Supermarket not have a TV blaring away in the corner or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭briany

Almost eight years today since our last playoff which was against Iran and which we won. Seems like it could have been last week. Anyway I'm usually a fairly reserved person but ah screw it.....

Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Our biggest game since Spain last 16 game at WC 02? Considering those 2 games against the Swiss in the Euro 04 and WC 06 quailifiers were only to get into the playoffs.

I just wish it was 8pm already :(

• Advertisement

I just wish it was 8pm already :(

id prefer 10pm with a result!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Shea Given is not on a yellow card anymore. I think they were discarded for every player after the group stage. 99.999999 percent sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I can't wait. So pumped up for this match. Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Not looking forward to this, purely because I'm half dying from a winter vomiting bug, mot sure if I need the extra tension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

darkman2 wrote: »
    Shea Given is not on a yellow card anymore. I think they were discarded for every player after the group stage. 99.999999 percent sure.
    In todays Irish Independent, its sayes if the following players get a yellow tonight, they will miss the second leg.

Ireland
    Given
    Mc Geady
    Andrews

France
    Evra
    Gallas
    Abidal
    Sagna
    Gourcuff

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.