Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 09/10 Season

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'm a huge Iverson fan and he's in my top 5 of favourite non Warrior players but it's really hard to defend him right now.:o. I find it hard to belieive that the Grizzlies actually thought Conely deserved to start over him but A.I should still have accepted a different role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Thats a good point. Hopefully Raja Bell can show him the ropes and actually teach him to play Defense something only Mike Montgomery did. However I just get the feeling that he doesn't want to be here but it's too early to come to that sort of conclusion.

I'm just not a fan of undersized 2 guards like Ellis or Gordon and with the exception of Allen Iverson they don't win anything in this League. If this season turns into a cap-clearing (specifically moving Mags and Monta), top-5 lottery pick type of season, it will have been all worth it.

Yea, I think that he does kind of want out after all that has happened since the Warriors reached the playoffs and Jackson has had a big influence on him also. Hopefully he will realize that the Warriors have actually treated him pretty well and things can move in the right direction.

I wonder if the Warriors will get a top 5 pick, I have a feeling it will be the same old story, top ten pick probably but could have some decent trade options.

Any info on next years draft, I know it is early but any players that have been identified as possible top picks ? No LeBrons in there by any chance :)

Haven't watched any College Basketball games yet so I might not be the best person to ask but John Wall so far is expected to be the first pick. He hit the game winner last night for Kentucky and looks like the best player in the draft Don't know if he'll have a LeBron like impact though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

can he do anything but drive thou!?

nialo wrote: »
    can he do anything but drive thou!?

On some of the scouting reports that I've read about him they were all in agreement that he does need to introduce a bigger variety of offensive moves.

Although having said that he does look like having star potential. Here is an excellent article about him imo.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/16/1159832/john-wall-kentucky-freshman-star

• Advertisement

On some of the scouting reports that I've read about him they were all in agreement that he does need to introduce a bigger variety of offensive moves.

Although having said that he does look like having star potential. Here is an excellent article about him imo.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/16/1159832/john-wall-kentucky-freshman-star

Actually watched him play a little the last night when he scored that winner, looks very promising alright, looking forward to watching how Monroe progresses this year.

Warriors put up a good display against Cavs, they didn't know what to do with LeBron though, Cavs never really got going but heartening display from Warriors all the same.
    Looks like Ellis could be going soon, I will be rightly pissed off if he goes and Nelson stays, will be beyond a joke, what players are they going to get at this stage ?
    All Nelson wants is his 21 wins or so for that stupid record, he has absolutely no respect off the players, from everything I have read he is a complete and utter joke at this stage.
    Hate to sound like a broken record but it is so painful.

Didn't watch the game which is a shame as I would have enjoyed it but it's very difficult to dress seven bodies and expect to win. It's like a breath of fresh air not having Jackson around.

Also gotta love with what Raja Bell did.
    Barnett mentioned that Bell was giving AR a "demonstrative" pep talk before the start of the 4th quarter. Seems like it worked.

Later on they cut to a shot of the bench with Bell cracking everyone up (including Randolph). Bell's already become a team leader

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched the Bulls/Kings game last night. The Kings are horrible offensively but Tyreke Evans is already a star. His defense is just incredible, he is going to be a star for many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Advertisement

I watched that game . The Lakers despite my dislike of them look as if no one can touch them if they can stay healthy . Completely physically dominant, with a ton of skills to boot. Artest basically shut down another scorer in Durant, Kobe was being Kobe and Bynum and Gasol were pretty much just tipping the ball to each other until one of them decides they wanna score.

It's only November and it was the Thunder but they were unbelievable to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Did anyone expect Brandon Jennings to be this good this quickly? He went number 10 in the draft so I suppose he was always going to be good but he's playing amazingly well so far.

The Bucks are pretty bad in general, and Michael Redd is injured so I suppose somebody has to do the scoring, but Jennings is assisting and rebounding as well as shooting a very good %.

It would be a lie to say I thought he would be this good but he was a player that I thought could have a big impact. I think his time spent in Italy has served him well both in basketball terms and in maturity levels.
    He was a tricky draft choice to predict because there were a lot of unanswered questions about him, I thought he would of went earlier and was thinking the Warriors might just get him. Early days but looks good so far.

On the Lakers, they are just too god damn big and athletic with everyone able to shoot.

I also didn't think he'd be this good. I saw some of his Roma games in the Euroleague and he didn't impress me at all. He was turnover prone, his pick and roll and man defense was bad. He couldn't finish well in the lane against bigger players and his jumper was terrible.

So going by all these factors I thought he'd have big bust potential. I couldn't have been more wrong so far.:o

Warriors beat Dallas on the road, another good performance by the team, they just gave it everything and never gave up.
    Ellis scored 37 pts I think and was very good despite some turnovers, he might be hogging the ball a bit but he can finish and get to the line most of the time. He was good in defense again also after his great performance against Roy last Friday
    Morrow is shooting the ball beautifully as well, still not too gone on Curry but he did score a lovely 3 pt in the last quarter which really turned it for the Warriors, plus a lovely tear drop off the glass.
    Nelson out sick with pneumonia, hopefully he takes this opportunity to gracefully leave.

Thunder beat Jazz, looks like they could make a push for the playoffs, would be good to see Durant in the post season.

First time since 1952 that an NBA team won a game playing just 6 players:D

I'm not sure if I'm sold on Keith Smart yet but I like the way he played three bigs (Radmonivic, Moore and Randolph) at the same time. There's no way Nelson would have done that. Monta Ellis was huge as well. It's amazing how easily he can get to the rim. I hate it when he settles for the midrange when nobody can stay in front of him.

I think we'll get blown out tonight but this team is so much easier to watch in the post Jackson era.

Gilbert Arenas got benched against the Heat today for Earl Boykins, who provided a spark and led the Wizards to a win.

Arenas is just having a terrible year..leading the league with 4 turnovers and shooting 39% FG. Very disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Apparently the 76ers are considering bringing back Iverson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4695373

Hynzie wrote: »
    Apparently the 76ers are considering bringing back Iverson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4695373

I hope that happens. It would be great to see Allen back in Philly. He could play the backup PG and SG spots with the 76ers and get 25 MPG if his ego would allow it

Rudy Gay turned down an extension this offseason from Memphis. He might end up regretting that. I don't know how much the extension was for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4708567 :eek: just :eek:

- Anyway, A.I has joined the Sixers again

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/12/02/iverson.signs.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

- LeBron 50/50 on Dunk contest :(

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/12/02/lebron.dunk.contest.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

- New Jersey Nets set a new NBA record with an 0-18 start

Just finished watching Lakers v Miami, great game and great finish although it was not the one I wanted, Kobe is class in all fairness, what a 4th quarter and unreal 3 to win the game.

Wade was brilliant as well and deserves equal praise, Miami might feel hard done by, thought they might just of deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Just finished watching Lakers v Miami, great game and great finish although it was not the one I wanted, Kobe is class in all fairness, what a 4th quarter and unreal 3 to win the game.

Wade was brilliant as well and deserves equal praise, Miami might feel hard done by, thought they might just of deserved it.

Just watched the highlights, what a finish!

What a game. Just an unbelieivable shot by Kobe. Him and Wade dueled until the bitter end which is exactly what I would want to see from two star players do under the prime time lights. Great finish.

The Nets won:eek:

Yeah watched this last night, was sure we were heading for overtime and then great D from the Heat kept the Lakers out and it looked like a Heat win until Kobe. Unreal, even puts LeBrons buzzer beater last season to shame.

Here it is for those who missed it.

What a game. Just an unbelieivable shot by Kobe. Him and Wade dueled until the bitter end which is exactly what I would want to see from two star players do under the prime time lights. Great finish.

The Nets won:eek:
    I thought O'Neal was lucky to stay in the game the time Lamar got thrown out of his second technical. Without him it would have been all over long before that, he had a monster game.

Sad news about Greg Oden being done for the season according to ESPN having fractured his knee cap. He was playing really well too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Did anyone see A.I's first game back against Denver?
    nice to see he got a warm welcome, but - anyone else think he didn't really have a significant impact on the game?

Did anyone see A.I's first game back against Denver?
    nice to see he got a warm welcome, but - anyone else think he didn't really have a significant impact on the game?

Was watching bits and pieces of the game, yea, he didn't have too much of a significant impact but he has not played that minutes over a long period and probably needs more time to get back into a rhythm.
    Denver are one of the top teams also so not such an easy task.
    He will probably never be as good as he was at his best but I do expect him to have an impact this season.

• Advertisement

Telfair passes it to Van Gundy:D

That's classic, and pretty indicative of the "offense" that the Clippers run. I don't know what the hell they're trying to run, and I'm pretty sure the players don't either

On a sidenote and staying in LA The Lakers only gave up six points in the 4th quarter last night. :eek

Advertisement