Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 09/10 Season

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The truth is he only got out of the West twice in his 18 years in Utah, despite having arguably the 2nd best PG of all time feeding him the ball. That has nothing to do with the Bulls.

By contrast, Duncan's lead his team to 4 titles despite having to face the Kobe/Shaq Lakers for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The truth is he only got out of the West twice in his 18 years in Utah, despite having arguably the 2nd best PG of all time feeding him the ball. That has nothing to do with the Bulls.

By contrast, Duncan's lead his team to 4 titles despite having to face the Kobe/Shaq Lakers for years.

True, but Duncan had a little help from The Admiral (HoF?), Sean Elliot (All Star) and others. Don't forget, if Robinson doesn't get injured and the Spurs (perennial contenders at the time) have a nightmare season, miss the playoffs and then win the draft lottery - Duncan never ends up in San Antonio and who knows, maybe doesn't win those four titles...

I'm not necessarily a big Malone fan, but he was one of the best PFs that I ever saw - although I'm sure it's alot easier to play inside when you have a 1&2 like Stockton and Hornacek getting you the basketball!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eagle eye wrote: »
    I watched the Bulls/Kings game last night. The Kings are horrible offensively but Tyreke Evans is already a star. His defense is just incredible, he is going to be a star for many years to come.
    Brag:

All the way back in November I said this, followed the guy all year and I think he is going to challenge LeBron for the title of best current player in the next two/three years or maybe even sooner.
    He is in elite company now as he joins Oscar Robertson(HoFamer), Michael Jordan(greatest ever) and LeBron James(future HoFamer) as the only players to average over 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in their rookie season.

The Kings need to add a power forward in the draft, there are a couple of good ones in it and picking at no.3 they will have the choice of them. They could be a force in the very near future if they draft well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sea Devils wrote: »

2nd best? Who is the best then Magic? What about Oscar Robertson?

I watched Stockton his whole career and he was amazing to watch but he is in a fight for 3rd best all time with Cousy and Isiah Thomas.

Advertisement