Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free DNS Checking Tool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

T+0.20s WARNING: None of your DNS servers have IPv6 addresses

Should I be worried??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No, few websites would have IPv6. It is not used on the internet much if at all at the moment.

Not even google.ie has it so to not worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We might remove that check for the moment, as it's not particularly helpful :)

Ipv6 check disabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 AtaStrumf

for www.htpc.ie I get an error:

WARNING: No address records returned for htpc.ie. Users who type http://htpc.ie/ into their web browser may not see your website

WARNING: No address records returned for www.htpc.ie. Users who type http://www.htpc.ie/ into their web browser may not see your website

And that's exactly what happens if you type the URL in. Also anything other than simple txt or html files return an error:

403.14 - Forbidden: Directory listing denied.
    The Web server is configured not to display a list of the contents of this directory.

The folder contains just default drupal 6 installation files and really should work (or i can't think of a reason why it wouldn't).

• Advertisement

OK I figured it out. Even though it's kind of counter intuitive you need to first enable the domain in the "Domain Administration" and then create a folder with in the "wwwroot" folder with your domain name in my case "htpc.ie" and only then do things start behaving as they should. Now that was unnecessarily tricky (this should be done by default).

It also took me ages to figure out the FTP user name and password (you need to go into "Configuration & Administration>>Web Space>>WebSite Configuration‎" where you can see your FTP URL and user name under "FTP Configuration", but not the password, however you can edit the password there to whatever you like).

Another thing that gave me the headache was the fact that the databases are not hosted as "localhost" but on a rather unique database "Internal hostname" i.e. "mysql360int.cp.blacknight.com" with a specified port. You can see that after you create a database under "Configuration & Administration>>Databases". I'm still having trouble installing Drupal 6 though. It get's stuck at the database stage. It gives no errors just goes back to the "Setup Database" step and keeps repeating. Drupal from the Application Vault installed fine.

All these things should be communicated in the welcome e-mail by the way.

AtaStrumf wrote: »
    Another thing that gave me the headache was the fact that the databases are not hosted as "localhost" but on a rather unique database "Internal hostname" i.e. "mysql360int.cp.blacknight.com" with a specified port. You can see that after you create a database under "Configuration & Administration>>Databases".

The system uses a cluster or servers, so MySQL is not on the same machine as the web server. Mail is on separate machines as are various other services.
    "localhost" would only work on a setup where the web server and the database server were on the same machine
    AtaStrumf wrote: »
    I'm still having trouble installing Drupal 6 though. It get's stuck at the database stage. It gives no errors just goes back to the "Setup Database" step and keeps repeating. Drupal from the Application Vault installed fine.
    Have you raised this issue with our support team?

We have put several tutorials up on http://www.blacknight.tv which cover things like setting up databases. If you have suggestions for other ones please let us know (either reply here or email management [at] blacknight.com)

Thanks for the reply Blacknight. No, I haven't reported the issue yet, as it's not a major problem for me now (I copied a working website onto the server) but with regard to the information that you get as a new user I would appreciate if you could forward my concerns raised above to the appropriate people in the company. The link with tutorials you posted would also be welcome in the said introductory e-mail.

Advertisement