Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon and Chicken - how do to do, what to do?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to wrap some bacon around the 2 chicken fillets? Do i need to do anything to the chicken fillets first before wrapping the bacon around them? Do i sear them on a pan first then wrap them around and put them in the oven, or? How much bacon shall i use? I have 2 chicken fillets, and pack of 5 or 6 rashers.
    Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Ideally pop some good cream cheese (Boursin) and basil inside the chicken breast, sear well, and wrap in bacon. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks
    drkpower wrote: »
    Ideally pop some good cream cheese (Boursin) and basil inside the chicken breast, sear well, and wrap in bacon. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I like to fry up a finely chopped onion with some crumbled black pudding, add any herbs and seasoning you like. Personally, I add loads of black pepper. Let it cool right down and then slit your chicken breast but not all the way through. Stretch the bacon with the back of a knife to elongate them then wrap 2 around each breast. Its delish, serve it with roasted cubed potatoes, honey roasted carrots and/or parsnips and gravy.

Tip: Never stuff something warm into chicken breasts (or anything for that matter), you have to let it cool down. My mother told me that and seeing as I'm still here and she didn't kill me with her cooking then it must be true :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I was hoping to wrap some bacon around the 2 chicken fillets? Do i need to do anything to the chicken fillets first before wrapping the bacon around them? Do i sear them on a pan first then wrap them around and put them in the oven, or? How much bacon shall i use? I have 2 chicken fillets, and pack of 5 or 6 rashers.
    Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
    Here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

drkpower wrote: »

The Boursin in a chicken breast works out REALLY well. I put basil in too, and wrap in a smokey bacon back rasher (hickory!)
    I don't sear it though, just pop it in the oven and cook it with tin foil for the first 15 mins or so, then take it off for the last 15-20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

axer wrote: »

That recipe looks delicious. Must try it sometime.

Bit of a tip if you're wrapping the chicken in bacon before frying it is to secure it with cocktail sticks, makes things way easier.

Last time I did this I was trying Reggae Reggae sauce for the first time: marinaded the chicken in it, then wrapped the chicken strips in streaky rashers, securing them with cocktail sticks and frying them. I then reduced some more of the sauce with chicken stock and seasoning, throwing in some onion and veg I had fried, then drizzled that over the chicken+bacon. Was really lovely.

Advertisement