Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible connection problem?

• 07-11-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

hi, sorry if this isn't in the right forum.

i ordered a set of genelec 8020bs, and a logitech squeezebox to run them.

i have the genelecs but the squeezebox is the post depot til monday as i missed the delivery. i noticed that the speakers only have an xlr input, while the squeezebox has some other types of outputs.
    1 x network ( RJ-45 ) - rear
    1 x SPDIF output ( TOS Link ) - rear
    1 x SPDIF output ( RCA phono ) - rear
    1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear

sorry if this is a really silly question, but is this gonna be a problem? and if it is how difficult is it to solve? plz don't tell me they're not gonna work together!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

The operating manual tells you what to do: see p. 3. You need to get a pair of RCA to XLR leads made up with XLR pins 1 and 3 connected to the ground connection of the RCA plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

cool thanks

Advertisement