Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Her Fearful Symmetry'

Options
  • 07-11-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I bought this book as it was written by the same person, Audrey Niffenegger, who wrote 'The Time Traveller's Wife.

I enjoyed 'The Time Traveller's Wife' altlhough I did feel uncomfortable with certain aspects of it.

In relation to 'Her Fearful Symmetry', I felt the premise was good, but for most of the book, not a lot really happened and I found the latter section, quite frankly, quite odd.

Did any of you read it & what did you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

I actually just finished reading this today. I did enjoy the first half of the book and found the twins and Elspeths story and characters intruiging. It did take a strange turn towards the end of the book though...it was almost like the author was trying too hard to put in lots of twists in the storyline or something.

Overall I enjoyed it though. Nowhere near as good as The Time Travellers Wife but that is a lot to live up to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rickman

nearly finished it now and am enjoying it - thought it took forever for robert to meet the twins.

have just started "here comes robert kingdom" - peter mc cluskey and it's a much lighter read. also have lustrum, robert harris's new book on my pile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

UpCork wrote: »
    I bought this book as it was written by the same person, Audrey Niffenegger, who wrote 'The Time Traveller's Wife.

I enjoyed 'The Time Traveller's Wife' altlhough I did feel uncomfortable with certain aspects of it.

In relation to 'Her Fearful Symmetry', I felt the premise was good, but for most of the book, not a lot really happened and I found the latter section, quite frankly, quite odd.

Did any of you read it & what did you think?

What part were you uncomputable with? Was it the fact that be started a relationship with an 11 year old girl? That didnt sit well with me, and most people dont agree with me.

Not going to read HFS, heard its not that good. Slaughter house 9 is next on me to read list. Its the premise of the time travellers wife, with no wife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparkleShoes!

i think HFS was a complete letdown!!! started off great but then it just turned to drizzle. not a patch on the time travellers wife!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rickman

thought audrety's book was a bit of a damop squib by the time i finished it. i couldn't have cared less what happened the twins or robert for that matter.

top books of the year : "lustrum" by robert harris, "juliet, naked" by nick hornby and "here come robert kingdom" by peter mc cluskey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement