Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piaggio MP3

• 07-11-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭

What's the deal with these things? Are they bikes or cars?

I understand that from a revenue point of view they are bikes (i.e. VRT & Road Tax) but as to what license you need to drive them is a bit of a grey area.

I beleive that in the UK, the normal one requires a bike license, but there's one (LT 400) with a wider axle on the front which requires a car license. I'm not too sure what the deal with them over here is, so I was hoping someone could shed some light.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

No ideas?

This is the machine in question.

piaggiomp3400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maxwel

I have one of these and the answer to your licience query is that at this moment the machine is awaiting classifacation of type somewhare in a eu department in brussells. probably not what you were expecting but true none the less. I got this info from the licienceing lot in dublin. I was told that you could drive it on a car licience by the insurance co aol. but when i asked for more details they were a bit unsure of excactly how offical this was. confused now? not half as confused as i was! anyway to cut to the chase. i am driving the Bike? on a provisional A (motor bike) licience and am fully insured with carol nash as a motor bike so i guess for now it's a bike.
    it certainly feels and drives like a scooter and not at all like a car.
    max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

No idea, i think some bigger "real" trike's can be driven with either bike or car licence. If common sense applies then it should be a bike licence imo.

Advertisement