Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferroli low pressure issue

Options
  • 07-11-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

need help please, have a ferroli f24d was on low pressure showing error F37 when i opened the valve I left it on a bit too long and the pressure went up to 2.5. Is there anything I can do as it's still showing the error F37 and obviously still not working!

PS it's freezing in here, please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

The manual is here, in case you don't have it.

The low pressure fault should clear when the pressure is back in range. For some error codes you need to reset the boiler by pressing and holding the RESET button for more than 1 second.

The pressure is too high, the manual is not clear on whether this locks out the boiler, anyway you should lower it back to approx 1 bar when cold. If you cannot find a drain valve, use a radiator vent key to bleed off water until the pressure drops to 1.5 bar. Collect the water in a basin under the corner of the radiator. Have a few old towels handy as it may be quite dirty and could leave stains if spilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭cosman9373

have the manual, thanks. funny how it doesn't say in it anywhere that the pressure should be around 1.5.

Anyway i press the reset button and the F37 error still flashes(which is strange as this means low pressure yet the guage is at 2.5)
    Press it 3 times it does a self test and after about 15min the error stops flashing. I then try to turn on the heat and it lights, goes up to about 80, slight trickle of water, waits a couple of seconds, then flashes F37 again.

The thing that's puzzling me is F37 is supposed to mean low pressure.

I'll try bleeding the radiators later on today.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

From the manual page 8:
    Fill system to 1-1.5 bar cold by means of specific cock located near the boiler. Close cock after use.

The F37 alarm may also be triggered by a low flow situation - are there any room thermostats that need to be turned up, or isolating valves turned off?

You could try a hard reset by cutting the power to the boiler, but i would be surprised if that helps you, also releasing pressure will not normally do anything as a low pressure switch is ether off or on, so that fact you have to much pressure will not impact on a switch, my guess would be that if you have any sludge in the system water, then it can stop the switch from working due to the switch getting blocked, also if the lead on the switch or if the switch is defective you will have the same problem as you have now, my advice would be to try the hard reset and if that doesn't work get a RGII gas engineer to rectify your fault, Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

had the same problem a while back with a few glow-worms and even though f37 in the troubleshooting was the pressure turned out it was a wiring fault in the board. Ring their customer care team if problem persists

• Advertisement

ha thanks pete see that, i was looking at the full error guide further on in the manual!!

tried the hard reset, seemed to work. wasn't showing the error for over an hour but didn't seem like it was firing up either. radiators def didn't warm up. just checked it there and the error was there again.

think i might just call someone out tomorrow, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Just a follow up on the outcome.

We rang the company who installed it and they said that the pump is probably gone or empty and the boiler is out of warranty. they said we'd have to call an engineer, called an engineer and he said we'd be better off calling a plumber.

I rang a plumber friend of the family, he asked had i opened the boiler and did i know where the pump is, which i had and did. He said to open the big screw on the front of the pump and inside that there was a smaller screw which is the pump itself really and sometimes this gets stuck.

so I opened it up and the screw inside did seem a little stiff, i twisted it until it was moving freely. closed it all up and it worked straight away. only thing to remember if doing this is that water will flow from the pump and it's quite hot.

Thanks to all for their help here, even pete who pointed out my inability to read manuals but then again i have the perfect excuse for that. I'm a man!! thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Sorry to hijack thread, does anyone know the service agents for Ferolli in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 himeytheone

Hi, I think Chadwicks are the main agents, they should be able to advise

Advertisement