Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not a party ring!

Options
  • 07-11-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

just wondering would anyone remember and be able to tell me the name for this biscuit...it's not a party ring
    circular in shape, flowery edge all the way around, the icing was orange and pink halved down the middle

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I certainly remember them, but I can't remember the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Iced shortie??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

i google image searched iced shortie... no result. then i went into the web part and i found other websites dedicated to finding the name. thank you so much!! when i had googled it before the party rings showed and now im in the know im delighted!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

they were amazing! my favourites along with party rings as a kid - are the shorties still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

i havnt been able to find them in any of the shops so far, when i was in scotland i couldnt find them either... but i did manage to find jelly monsters sold individually!! YUM!!

on another note- does anyone remember amazing ice cream lollies that were based on marios' (supermario) face...
    the hat was brown-chocolate flavour
    the face was white-vanilla flavour
    and there were pink parts-strawberry flavour

they were the best ice creams EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I remember them bikkies, was it Rover had them in the tins at xmas years ago??

Anyway I know I saw them a couple of years ago, best bet is if you have a local shop that orders from the cash and carry, get them to see has the cash and carry got em. You'll get them that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

Yeh, you could get them in the Rover tin of biscuits too, and the icing was really thick and tough. I think that you can buy the modern day equivalent of these biscuits in Tesco (and I don't mean party rings), but you're better off trying those discount stores (the one Euro shops).

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

lilliec wrote: »
    on another note- does anyone remember amazing ice cream lollies that were based on marios' (supermario) face...
    the hat was brown-chocolate flavour
    the face was white-vanilla flavour
    and there were pink parts-strawberry flavour
    Yeah, I remember those now that you say it, though I could only find this: http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros._Ice_Cream_Bar on it, but that's not the one I remember.

Advertisement