Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think pes10 is good? I'm not sure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I've enjoyed it, its fun & probally the most challenging football game I've played in while.

One thing thats annoying me though is that they took out the "regulate condition" out of the master league. I'm playing with Sevilla, played about 10 games or something & Fabiano has had either a blue or purple arrow for every single game & so either I dont play him & loose my best player or I play him & he plays awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Caved in and bought this... I can't wait to go home and play it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

One my biggest complaints about this years edition besides the useless refs is the way the AI wastes time. I find if the AI scores first they tend to play the ball around at the back. I have my forward players chasing them down but they just hold onto the ball. I find the only way to get it back is to let them attack and let my defenders win the ball back.

It is infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I find if the AI scores first they tend to play the ball around at the back. I have my forward players chasing them down but they just hold onto the ball. I find the only way to get it back is to let them attack and let my defenders win the ball back.

It is infuriating.

:confused:. thats exactly what happens in real soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I played Proevo since o6, have finally made to the move to fifa 10, and it really is so much better, the game play and game speed are so much more realistic.

thanks for listening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

tdv wrote: »
    I've enjoyed it, its fun & probally the most challenging football game I've played in while.

One thing thats annoying me though is that they took out the "regulate condition" out of the master league. I'm playing with Sevilla, played about 10 games or something & Fabiano has had either a blue or purple arrow for every single game & so either I dont play him & loose my best player or I play him & he plays awful.

Yea I have to agree with the above comment. Its the hardest game in the PES series to date. The regulated conditioning of the players is a bit annoying and I've read somwhere that the training setup is critical to players conditioning. I'm gonna start playing around with the Training setup and see if that makes a difference.

Also, has anyone got tips on playing the game in general. One thing thats really getting to me is the slow counter attack (Running strikers are slow compaired to the defenders who are tracking back)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

(Running strikers are slow compaired to the defenders who are tracking back)

Thats one thing thats really annoying this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Played Pro Evo for a good few years and this one has to be the most boring of them all. Not enjoyable, drab, scrappy matches for the most part and Top Player isn't even a challenge. Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Played Pro Evo for a good few years and this one has to be the most boring of them all. Not enjoyable, drab, scrappy matches for the most part and Top Player isn't even a challenge. Boo.

How could you call this one 'drab, scrappy' and not the previous two on next gen consoles? This one is a remarkable improvement on the previous two. PES is back. FIFA glam boys can fcuk off home. It is back to the good old days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

* biased referees in favour of the computer
    * have been awarded 1 penalty in about 100 matches
    * opposition line ups messed up in latter stages of tournaments
    * too many goals going in off the keeper
    * forwards are too slow
    * too easy to get to the by line as make a square pass
    * no international league
    * keepers are clueless
    * same commentary as last year (terrible)

Other than that, it's an improvement.
    Larkin91 wrote: »
    You can always look at the fictional teams as being the Championship teams (assuming you went a Premiership team).

Although it's terrible not being able to sign players that aren't with a team. I had a look for Beckham and I couldn't find him :mad:

Surely you could register him to one of the extra teams from the England squad?

• Advertisement

How could you call this one 'drab, scrappy' and not the previous two on next gen consoles? This one is a remarkable improvement on the previous two. PES is back. FIFA glam boys can fcuk off home. It is back to the good old days

HERE HERE!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

:confused:. thats exactly what happens in real soccer.

Yes but when you play five minute matches the CPU wastes nearly an entire half of the match passing around at the back.

Yes but when you play five minute matches the CPU wastes nearly an entire half of the match passing around at the back.

I think you need to change your ingame tactics, I usually go for 100% 'Player Support' and 100% 'pressing'. :)

I found this video on youtube very helpful! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45OxtfVt6g

I did notice quite a few times that the CPU just seemed to aimlessly pass the ball around at the back for maybe 8-10 passes if you cut off their options. Bit annoying alright.

I wasn't sure of the game at first, but I actually really like it. Its better than last years, and ten times better than 2008's. I hope the master league mode is as good as it always was. I love creating a "super-division" with some of the teams I enjoy playing against, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, etc.

The players are basically photo-realistic. Rooney and Macheda are particularly convincing.

The game is completely different to FIFA in every way. I'll probably end up playing a lot more Pro Evo this year than I did last year, where FIFA took up 95% of my football gaming time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I like PES2010.

I've played pretty much every one since ISS.

2010 is a break from the norm. No longer can you get your centre half and skin everyone on the pitch twice before skipping by the 'keeper and scoring.

Dribbling is so much harder, but more realistic IMO forcing you to actually play football and pass the ball around. For some, this is not great, as some people liked the arcadeness of 2009, where you could just get the ball to your striker, dribble around every player while holding run.

The Ref needs some serious work though. I tip a COM payer, foul. I get creamed by a COM player, even in the box, nowhere near the ball, no foul.

It has some problems, but overall its MUCH better than 2009 IMO (which means its obviously much better than 08!).

ML has had some great improvements, and its getting close to being a management sub-game of sorts.

GFX are excellent (though they werent 'bad' in 2009).

I like it, a lot more than 09 TBH.

I have it on the Xbox360, and play Top Player only. The game is challenging and fun now. And frustrating at times, but thats what makes it so much more enjoyable when you do win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Have to disagree, haven't made an addictive Pro Evo since 6. Not a fan of FIFA either, btw. Lenient refs, awful goalies, and little annoying things like not being able to remove men from the wall. Crosses nearly always yield goals, but it's the gameplay - I just don't find this game enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Has anyone noticed that in the master league you cant look back on previous season stats?

One thing which I definitely don't like, is that sometimes the CPU teams are too quick to rotate players because of tiredness. (FIFA 08, and 09 I think had the opposite problem, the players would be dead and they'd still play)

I played in a Champions League final against Real Madrid who didn't have Ronaldo, Kaka or Benzema in the starting line up. I presume by default that they are actually in it! Its unlikely that all 3 of them were injured or suspended... would a slightly tired Ronaldo miss a CL finaL?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    One thing which I definitely don't like, is that sometimes the CPU teams are too quick to rotate players because of tiredness. (FIFA 08, and 09 I think had the opposite problem, the players would be dead and they'd still play)

I played in a Champions League final against Real Madrid who didn't have Ronaldo, Kaka or Benzema in the starting line up. I presume by default that they are actually in it! Its unlikely that all 3 of them were injured or suspended... would a slightly tired Ronaldo miss a CL finaL?

The game does swap players in and out on form and/or fitness.

You can see this for yourself by changing your assisted settings to '2' (form & fitness). You'll be surprised at some of your starting line up!

• Advertisement

The game does swap players in and out on form and/or fitness.

You can see this for yourself by changing your assisted settings to '2' (form & fitness). You'll be surprised at some of your starting line up!

Even still, on a blue arrow, or even a purple one, I'd still think Ronaldo is better than Granero, or whoever they had instead of him!

It should be able to calculate a players attributes on the worst possible form and assess if he is still better than possible replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that in the master league you cant look back on previous season stats?
    Does anyone have claification on this?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

I found this video on youtube very helpful! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45OxtfVt6g

thanks for this, it has resolved a lot of my frustations with the game. only got the game last week and have had pes since PES 6 on PS2..

Would anyone like to list the problems they are having with the Online feature in PES 2010? Getting broadband soon. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Does anyone have claification on this?:confused::confused:

Cant seem to see anywhere for previous stats either. Of course the ML menu is so horrible its hard to find anything at first.

Don't seem to have total goals, assists or player ranking charts anymore either. I like the WPOY thing they brought in but they shouldnt have got rid of all the other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

In the early 90's I was FIFA, then late 90's to late 00's PES.... this year FIFA as PES is only incremental and not seemingly trying anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

PES to me has always been better than FIFA and this year is not an exception... with Fifa you can always follow a set pattern of play against all teams and you can repeat the goals that you scored in the last 100 matches.. with PES its not that simple & thats what makes PES so much better to me..

(FIFA fans have told me the repetive goalscoring has changed but when i pick up FIFA i still see this, please note I am not FIFA bashing.. FIFA is great fun also its just my preference is for more of a simulation than an arcade footie game)

regarding licensing this has never been an issue to me on PES and now you can bypass that anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I like you RandolphEsq, like you a lot :D:D

Have this on PS3..just wondering though, is there any Konami Cup in it this year?? have looked everywhere and cant find it. Used to do this with friends. Creating a custim cup was cool..Loving PES10 though, fúck FIFA

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have this on PS3..just wondering though, is there any Konami Cup in it this year?? have looked everywhere and cant find it. Used to do this with friends. Creating a custom cup was cool..Loving PES10 though, fúck FIFA

bumping this, anyone got an answer?

Advertisement