Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a member of a Marketing Institute?

• 08-11-2009 5:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm not in marketing too long, having switched career directions from HR a few months back.

I'm a little lost in terms of the "scene" in Ireland and how people keep up to date with the latest developments and network etc.

I know that in the HR world, the CIPD is excellent in terms of having events every couple of weeks to network and keep up to date etc.

Is there such a thing in the marketing field?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Perhaps consider joining the Dublin Chamber of Commerce, very large membership, diverse business group sectors and company size as well as the usual trawling 'business consultants'. DCC organise a great range of events some free some expensive but many well worthwhile etc.

In essence a proactive but very good operational marketing environment offering plenty of experential business development/marketing learning possibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MarysCross

CIM Ireland or UK is the gold standard in the profession. The UK membership has alot more in regards of resources and available courses. Basic membership is free if I remember rightly as is their mailing list.

All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MarysCross

Keep your CIPD membership as internal marketing communications comes under their banner.

For example see their website - This years winners for internal communications plan was Orange

Advertisement