Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 - hate it or love it?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

:confused: hey just said i would see what your opinion on this game are? i started and was sayin to myself wtf is going on and why am i fightin a shower of ****s? what was happening? lol

anyways i reluctantly kept playing and i have fallen in love - this is a solid fighter imo maybe not street fighter 4 but a lovely addition to my gaming catalogue! im adding a poll to see the divide on this one ok?

thanks for reading and commenting ;)

tekken 6 love it or hate it? 19 votes

love it
    0%
    hate it
    47%
    HolstenNewaglishgrames_bondLands LeavingDARK-KNIGHTGamer Bhoy 89RamzaVyzeXluna 9 votes
    in between both loving and hating
    26%
    Da BouncablagAndrew HXyoChrisBrady 5 votes
    i am a street fighter lover and im not cheating on that series lol
    26%
    SeekerK.O.KikimailrewopbrendansmithRelikk 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, I like slow and technical fighters. I played it for 15 minutes yesterday at our casual meetup and enjoyed it....but it would take a good few hours of solid play before I made a decision. I probably won't buy it because of the glut of good games at the moment i'm playing more. New GTA, Dragon Age, Fifa 10, Street fighter, etc. And the new Modern warfare is out now too. It would be a bit of a waste of money as it would probably sit on my shelf.

Bad timing I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

It has been ruined for me by Azazel.

I'm just a casual Tekken player, but I can't even beat (or get close to beating) Azazel. Immensely overpowered. I even set the difficulty to easy and it made little or no difference.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I never liked the Tekken force mode. It was an interesting side game but to make it the main part of the game [just renamed it Scenario Campaign] was IMO a mistake. Personally alot of the storylines have long worn out. The Mishimas feud bores me. All three can be killed off for all I care. The Anna/Nina one is long worn out and Paul has been relegated to a joke character. The only storyline with any interesting advancement was King/Marduk/Armor king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ChrisBrady

in between both loving and hating
    I haven't played a Tekken since 3 and having read a review an almost glowing review coupled with seeing a second hand copy available, jumped into it.

I absolutely loved Tekken 3, but I find playing the new one a complete chore! Loading times last longer than fights which is "great" as there are loading times for everything; selecting fighters, waiting for fights, waiting for dialogue scenes are the main ones that come to mind. Also, the Scenario Campaign seems so dull I don't think I'll ever play it again.
    As said already, the Mishima story is become incredibly dull.

On the plus side, the characters all look amazing, to the point where it could be turned into a negative; supposedly the story has been going for upwards of 30 years, but a lot of the lads still look in their prime! If I'm missing something that fills that in, I plead ignorant!

Maybe I was a bit naive thinking Tekken would be just as I remember it, but I'm certainly upset with my quick purchase and think it will be returning to the "Pre-owned" section once more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Loading times last longer than fights? Wtf? Are you on PS3 and if so have you neglected to install the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

ChrisBrady wrote: »
    On the plus side, the characters all look amazing, to the point where it could be turned into a negative; supposedly the story has been going for upwards of 30 years, but a lot of the lads still look in their prime! If I'm missing something that fills that in, I plead ignorant!

Actually, it's more like 23 years (maybe a little longer, I'm not sure how big the gap between 5 and 6 is but it can't be too long). The King in 6 is actually a different guy to the King in the first two games and the Williams sisters were preserved in their youthful state by the wonders of cryogenics for the 19 years between 2 and 3. Other than that, if you like a lot of middle-aged men in your fighting games Tekken is the series for you! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

i am a street fighter lover and im not cheating on that series lol
    The present Kuma is a child of the Tekken 2 Kuma.
    And don't forget that Kazuya is actually a clone now. Or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 enigmadoom

like the title asks, are you happy with tekken 6? graphically the same gameplay relatively the same, just new characters....i've heard a lot of critical reviews cause of this.......personally i love it...just thought i'd see was there any1 who likes it as is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tekken 6: Who cares about balance when you can kick the **** out of a kangaroo as a Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hate it
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tekken 6: Who cares about balance when you can kick the **** out of a kangaroo as a Panda.
    eggggggsellant lol

class gameplay me thinks! plays great with my arcade stick!

WIN WIN WIN ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

hate it
    I love it, waiting how many years since Tekken 5 for a new one!

If they sorted out the online lag it would be perfect!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

threads merged.

Enigmadoom- I will be expecting royalties for use of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Love it but I'll admit I'm a serial button basher!! :o Love the customising in the game and the fact you can change the attributes regarding elemental attacks etc, its class!

However I think the menus are ridiculous, you've to go through so much effort to just change the hair like.

Can anyone tell me if they're having problems reading the dialogues or diary entries? I've a widescreen and please no comments on glasses etc :cool: but I find it so hard to read anything that comes up! The writing is tiny!

Brill game though, delighted they finally did the new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

NoDice wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they're having problems reading the dialogues or diary entries? I've a widescreen and please no comments on glasses etc :cool: but I find it so hard to read anything that comes up! The writing is tiny!

Thank God I am not the only one who noticed that. I practically had to put my face right up to the TV screen to read that stuff and I still couldn't read it.

It's driving me mad! Especially in the loading screen when they are giving you combat tips, not a chance I can read it. :( Any ideas on how to fix it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Are you playing on a HD or SD TV?

I'll be honest I tried it on a standard tv and couldn't see a thing, now I'm palying it with the HD drive attached and the HD widescreen..

I've read in a few others it's bad though, can you view it ok? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

HD telly or not, if you're still just using a standard SCART connection it'll look terrible.

Make sure you're using HDMI.

Right ok, I'll double check that later, I'll admit I'm unsure.. Thanks very much though, hope it works!

Advertisement