Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a replacement/refund?

• 08-11-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭

Got a Hero last week - a day later I noticed 2 or 3 defective/stuck pixels (most noticeable on a black background during startup) So brought my 2 day old phone back into Meteor. The assistant after scrutinising the phone admitted he could see the "dots" but his manager insisted it would have to be sent off for a "24 hour test". I'm really annoyed at the whole situation. Am I not entitled to a replacement phone? I contacted HTC who said they were surprised as most retailers offer a 7 (or 14 day) returns policy. The good thing is I have 14 days to cancel my upgrade and right now I'm VERY tempted to do that! Meteor said they have to wait for word back from their repair centre (Tuesday at the earliest!) to get the "nod" to give me a new phone. The assistant admitted he could see the problem - if it wasn't for his manager making me feel like a liar and insisting on sending off the phone, I'd have a replacement phone now and wouldn't be mobile-less! Should I just bite the bullet and wait until Tuesday?
    Any advice/opinions? I wouldn't mind only I was about to jump ship to 02 and get the iPhone but decided to stick with Meteor when they released the Hero.

Grrrrrrrr!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Tell them to cancel the upgrade, then go back in a week and buy it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Good idea! Can I go back in a week after cancelling and still be entitled to an upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's standard procedure. Anything that could be caused by physical damage (ie screen cracks, defects etc) and that cannot be verified in store has to be sent for test.

Advertisement