Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny thinks he is like Obama

Options
  • 08-11-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

On the Marion Finucane show yesterday Kenny said he has a connection with the people like Obama !!!!!!! Is he completely delusional ? What was he thinking ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

He thinks Fine Gael can get 83+ seats at the next election is he right? They could end up with 62-67 i think but an overall majority is beyond them. Labour and Fine Gael will be going for alot of the same seats amd will only be taking seats off each other in some areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Obviously you havent been keeping up to date with recent US elections, and polls !!!!

NEWSFLASH

Its no longer good to be Obama. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Unfortunately he is more like Neil Kinnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

dresden8 wrote: »
    Unfortunately he is more like Neil Kinnock.

I liked neil kinnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Het-Field wrote: »
    Obviously you havent been keeping up to date with recent US elections, and polls !!!!

NEWSFLASH

Its no longer good to be Obama. :P

Obama still enjoys a 50% approval rating. I'd imagine that's far superior than Enda Kenny's. The only difference is that a lot of people who don't like Obama reallllly don't like him haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

EK to my mind has all the charisma of a wet fish.

His talent has been to surround himself with some good, competent people (I know some will disagree with that-but it is my view), but to many people, despite local concerns, a party is built on its leader, and I cannot see how he can make an effective taoiseach, given his inability to capitalise on an extremely weak incumbent government, the ongoing financial havoc, and seemingly endless tales of corruption, woe, and incompetence, coupled with his gaffe prone nature.

It is Labour who will do well in the next election, although perhaps not well enough. I would not be at all surprised, although I would be disappointed, to see SF make gains as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

why would he want to compare himself to a lame duck president? Obama has done nothing yet but accept a Nobel peace prize! Enda should pick someone a little more accomplished, Obama its got to be the largest drop in approval in 3-6 month period of any sitting president!

Advertisement