Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPEED CAMERA AT FAIRYHOUSE

Options
  • 08-11-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, does anyone know anyone who ended up with penalty points on their licence as a result of being caught speeding past this particular camera at the approach to Fairyhouse?
    I'm prompted to ask this question following a conversation I had with a courier this week who was deliverering a parcel to us in work. He said he was in a hurrry last Tuesday morning and was doing about 90km per hour as he drove past the camera. (I use this route each morning and that speed would not be unusual from what I can see). He said he thought he saw a flash then he saw a second flash from the camera in his wing mirror as he drove over the series of white lines. This was at 6:15am.
    The other thing that puzzles me a bit is the location of the speed limit signs. There ia an 80km sign a few hundred metres before this camera but then there is a 60km sign I would say about 20 metres just after the camera. So say for the sake of argument that the camera recorded your speed as being 79kmh, presumably you'd be safe. But in so doing it would be inevitable that you would be immediately breaking the 60km limit because it would be impractical to reduce your speed so suddenly to comply with this second speed limit.
    Anyone any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

That speed camera on the N2 has not been working. Your courier is on acid I reckon. There is no road markings since the junction was changed and the camera is actually burnt out,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

i think these cameras are indeed burnt out

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

That speed camera on the N2 has not been working. Your courier is on acid I reckon. There is no road markings since the junction was changed and the camera is actually burnt out,
    Just to clarify, the camera I am referring to is on the N3, just before the approach to the Fairyhouse roundabout inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

CUCINA wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the camera I am referring to is on the N3, just before the approach to the Fairyhouse roundabout inbound.

My apologies. The one at the factories I know what your talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

My apologies. The one at the factories I know what your talking about.

No need to apologise, but now I'm confused! What factories???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

No need to apologise, but now I'm confused! What factories???

There are farm buildings on the left of the camera which joey might be refering to. the cameras arnt burnt out and do flash but thers no film in them, still wouldnt chance it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

When passing it a few days ago I did see someone working on it so it might (have) become active again. Not sure what speed it is set to as along the middle of the lines in the road the speed limit drops to 60. So for half of them you can still legally do 80 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The legal speed limit for that road is 100km/h. there are temporary speed signs due to roadworks but theese are guideline speeds not legal speeds so the camere will be set to 100km/h.
    not condoning speeding but anyone who gets caught by a fixed gatso deserves the fine and points:P

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

The legal speed limit for that road is 100km/h. there are temporary speed signs due to roadworks but theese are guideline speeds not legal speeds so the camere will be set to 100km/h.
    not condoning speeding but anyone who gets caught by a fixed gatso deserves the fine and points:P

Temporary speed limits for traffic are legal as far as I know.
    Just wondering, does anyone know anyone who ended up with penalty points on their licence as a result of being caught speeding past this particular camera at the approach to Fairyhouse?
    I'm prompted to ask this question following a conversation I had with a courier this week who was deliverering a parcel to us in work. He said he was in a hurrry last Tuesday morning and was doing about 90km per hour as he drove past the camera. (I use this route each morning and that speed would not be unusual from what I can see). He said he thought he saw a flash then he saw a second flash from the camera in his wing mirror as he drove over the series of white lines. This was at 6:15am.
    The other thing that puzzles me a bit is the location of the speed limit signs. There ia an 80km sign a few hundred metres before this camera but then there is a 60km sign I would say about 20 metres just after the camera. So say for the sake of argument that the camera recorded your speed as being 79kmh, presumably you'd be safe. But in so doing it would be inevitable that you would be immediately breaking the 60km limit because it would be impractical to reduce your speed so suddenly to comply with this second speed limit.
    Anyone any thoughts on this?
    I know the one you're on about between the junction and the shop... I'd imagine it's set to 100km? It's silly how they have it.. 60km sign then the speed camera. Didn't think it was working tho' .. looks burnt out.. they all do on that road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gustavine

I think this camera is working, not sure of the one at Dowdstown though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement