Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beatles Box Set or Individual CDs?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

I am getting the new Remastered Stereo Box Set for Christmas but TBH I think the eco-friendly packaging will do my head in.
    It looks like I wont be able to put them on my shelf without putting them into protective sleeves.

So is it better that I just buy the individual remastered CDs in jewel cases.
    Do they have the same liner notes. Can you buy the DVD of bonus material seperately?
    In other words can I get exactly (bar packaging) what you get in the boxset seperately?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Are the individual CDs in jewel cases? I thought they came in the same type of packaging as in the boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The individual discs are packaged the same, with the same artwork and the same liner notes, whether you buy them on their own, or in the box set. You can't get them in jewel cases. The DVD is only available in the box set, but all the individual discs come with the same documentary footage for the relevant album as an enhanced feature. If you're getting the box set, presumably you'll be storing them in the big box anyway, so you won't need to worry about wear and tear.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

Thanks for the replies
    For some reason I thought the individual CD's were jewel cases. That's great!
    Looks like I'll be ordering the boxset so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Got to ask. How many of these albums have you already got? How many copies have you bought of some of them. I have bought a few albums more than once due to format so I am curious what others have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I had everything on CD already, 'cos I had the old Beatles Breadbin, which contains all the studio albums, plus the two volumes of Past Masters. I bought the Stereo Box Set when it came out, 'cos I figured it was worth it, and I was glad I did. Now that the Mono Box Set is back being readily available (typical EMI), I may get that over Christmas too, if I can do it with a mixture of vouchers and cash.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

Anyway know where the most reasonable place to buy online is?

I tried thehut.com but they wont deliver the boxset to an Irish address and when I put in a UK address they sent me an email asking to send on a utility bill as proof of billing address eventhough I always use the same CC to pay for stuff on thehut. Surely it doesnt matter where you ship it to?

play.com is way too expensive when you pay in euros - rip off merchants

amazon seem to jack up the price once you get to the dispatch page - I think it may be VAT but they say all amazon stuff is inclusive of VAT. It's not delivery charges.

So out of principle I wont use these 3 - anybody know of anywhere else?

Advertisement