Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 email plus problem

• 08-11-2009 11:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a nokia e51 on an upgrade since June with vodafone, and recently added the e-mail service to it. No problem for the first few days and happy enough with being able to send and recieve e-mails.Then the problems started, every two or three days it would stop working, ie. i can't open attachments, and all the e-mails on the phone dissappear completly. When i phone the data guys in vodafone they just get me to remove the application and reinstall it again, this works but then maybe one or two days later it stops again. I was told to get a new sim card which i did but that did'nt solve anything.

So i spoke with them again yesterday and they now reckon it's the phone, i told them that everything works perfect on it like the internet etc but they now say i have to send the phone in to be checked over.

My problem is, i don't have another phone while mine is sent away, i asked them to replace it but apparently the e 51 is disscontinued,and if it is beyond repair i need to buy a new one. i do have another upgrade but the nearest phone to mine is now the e71 and that will cost €179.

They asked the usual did i drop the phone etc, but i hav'nt and there is'nt a single dent or scratch on it

What's my alternatives? Has anyone had the same problems?

Sorry for rambling, just pi**ed off at this stage.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

can you not use the e51's own email client?

Advertisement