Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Maynooth train station?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was just wondering what parking in maynooth train station is like? Is it hard to get a spot and whats the best time?

Cheers

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yes it is impossible to get a spot so get there as early as possible. I used to walk down there at 7 and it is pretty much full not too long after 7. And its paid parking.

I'd say if possible, park elsewhere and walk to it. Plenty of parking at the Tesco on the post office side and most of the retail is empty where the Tesco was so I don't think there would be much fuss about using it but can't be sure.

Its free parking there and you can walk to the train station in about 5-10 minutes from there. There is a Centra that has parking up near Maxol but they do put notices on commuters cars that park there as I noticed someone had a notice on his car one day when I was walking home. I'd say most of the smaller car parks are like that and anything very near the station will be taken early so if your turning up later on, better to park reasonably far away and just walk so you don't spend ages looking for a space and miss your train.

Some people park at the health board car park on the far side of the canal where there is parking and they must not police it very well. Its near the fire station too if you go to the main street and turn left at the roost you'll get to that.

I think there is a new car park under construction on that road too but its not open yet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've heard of 3 cars robbed in the carpark there in the last year tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah it seems fine during the day though as there people around but some people leave their cars overnight which IMO is stupid.

I've seen burnt out cars too.

I'm IR aren't monitoring it properly so wouldn't be surprised if cars went missing during the day.

Is there any other way for you to get to the train station OP? I used to walk as I lived in the town but biking over might not be a bad idea or a bus if one is in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goonyougoodthin

thebman wrote: »
    There is a Centra that has parking up near Maxol but they do put notices on commuters cars that park there as I noticed someone had a notice on his car one day when I was walking home
    Repeat offenders are also clamped. Best place to get a spot is the car park down by Louisa station in Leixlip, €5 for a weeks parking but you'd want to be there by 7.30am to get a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

You can park in the station no problem.

Use to be crazy before the pay parking came in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

What Trampas said. I arrived in there around 09:30 the other day and there were about 10 free spaces. Maybe I just got lucky, though...

Advertisement