Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Scales

Options
  • 08-11-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I just received the dreaded news that I'm being made redundant and obviously its a bit of a roller coaster ride for me at the moment as with so many unfortunate people.

My query is the Redundancy Payment that I have been told I'm getting i.e. the statutory redundancy payment. it would be fine and also fair, if it was equal across the board in the company, but its not.

My company has 3 types of workers, the union members (trades), the well kept and me "the common". The value of redundancy paid depends on the group you belong to like a sliding-scale from 6 weeks per year down to me at 2 weeks per year (statutory). The well kept and the common groups are hard to define. I feel this categorization by my company is unfair, so what are my options apart from the begging route :rolleyes:.

This payment is important to sustain my family over the coming months or more while I try and get another job so any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm afraid I don't have any direct advice on this but just a warning that statutory redundancy has a cut-off point on salary so if you were earning over €600 per week (before tax), the statutory redundancy payment is €1200 per year worked rather than two weeks wages.

Best of luck finding new work, it's tough out here at the moment.

Advertisement