Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens RWB27Si Boiler Timer Installation?

• 08-11-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All, I've had a manual switch to turn on our boiler for some time and decided to get a timeswitch to automate it instead. I have here a Siemens RWB27Si Timeswitch Single Channel with N L 1 2 3 4 terminals on the back of it. It says something in the installation guide about linking L to 2 if using mains switching - does anyone know if I need to do this?

What is the best practice with location of the timeswitch - power to timeclock and then onto manual switch or power to switch to timeclock?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if the timer is 'direct-switching' the boiler(no control circuit or call loop).i would supply it via a spur or mcb and then provide isolator or socket close to boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Here's the PDF. For 230V switching, you link the live into terminal 2. Then your switch wire (in the on position) comes from terminal 4. Terminal 3 is for the inverse.

https://www.swe.siemens.com/greece/internet/en/pss/industry/ba/Documents/Building_Automation/1Room_thermostats/rwb27_intallation_and_operating_instructions.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 opalfruit

I was looking at this timer also to install on a boiler that has a built in timer that is bust. Would this be suitable? The Boiler has a single switch on the wall that when turned on has an orange light above it. As the built in timer does not work, we have to flip the switch every time we need heat and/or hotwater and the setting on the boiler is set to always on.

Could I use the same Simens timer to automate the boiler turn on/off times? Going by the diagram in the PDF, I take it that the N & L wires from the boiler go to Terminals 2 & 4?

Advertisement