Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building regs question!!

Options
  • 08-11-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a minimum pressure/flow of water required in a mixer valve in a new build??

sorry if i explained awkwardly!

New House, New Shower (gravity fed) but yet pressure too poor to even attempt to have a shower. Is the builder required under regulations to install to a certain standard? Searched through Part G last night for Hygiene but couldnt find anything on pressure or litres per minute etc..

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dont know. but know that most thermostaic showers are high pressure and require a pump. There are some that dont but i doubt you paid 600+ euro or did you;)

More important to you is the showers flow rate, Most say operate at 0.5 bar which is really high pressure. The need to operate around 0.1 to be classed as low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

its not a thermostatic valve. . its simply a mixer that cold from tank and hot off cylinder but pressure is a joke. . didnt pay for shower since its a fully fitted new build. . want to go back to the builder about it but need to know where i stand legally?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Catch you now sorry. It is the builders responsability then but legally best of luck! I mean that sincerly.

Advertisement