If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Blu Ray and Surround Sound System

Options
  • 08-11-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi Guys,

Great work on the forums. This is my first post. I'm new to separates for Home cinema. I used to have a LG complete system. It was fine, but now i want to step it up a bit.

I have just got a new Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TV TX-P50V10E and i want to blu ray it up.

I have a budget of 700 - 900 Euro (What recession.....).

I am looking at the PANASONIC DMPBD80\60 (MR- what is the difference between the 60 and the 80). The only real reason i am interested in these ones is because they are the same make as the TV. Any advice on a "better" player please or is this good enough?

Now i have my eye on 2 different AVRs. I need at least 4 hdmi inputs (Video and Sound) for xbox 360, Apple Tv, Blu Ray and laptop.
    The Onkyo TX-SR507 or the Denon AVR-1910. From reading the forums the denon seems to be the most preferred. Any advice please?

Speakers.... I am at a total loss here. I do like the Q Acustics that you have on your friday deal. I am not really interested in cube speakers. I do like the look of the Radius R90HD (how much?). Which speaker package would be better:
    Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 Speaker Package or Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 or the KEF KHT1005.2 5.1 Speaker Package.

My room is 7.0m x 7.0m. How much would it cost to cable the speakers?

Sorry about all the questions. I never expected it to be so difficult to get a good setup. I have done more research than i did in 4 years of college!

All up, can you give me a quote (Euro) for the different options delivered to Longford please.

Thanks a million,
    Richie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Richie.

Thanks for the post.

The main difference between the BD60 and the BD80 is the BD80 has an audio decoder built-in which you do not need if you are buying either of the A/V receivers you mentioned. It decodes the signal to be output to an older A/V amp that does not have the decoding built-in. (hope that makes sense). The BD80 has better audio performance but there's not much in it in the picture.

In terms of another player, you could take a look at the LG BD390. This is £249.95 which is more than the Panasonic BD80 but one well worth a look as it has some very nice features and the picture and sound quality are excellent. http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/lg/bd390/lg-bd390

Alternatively the Pioneer BD120 is another good quality player that doesn't have all the bells & whistles at £219.95. http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/pioneer/bdp120/pion-bdp120

The Denon receiver would be the preferred choice for most people, probably down to the What Hifi award that it won, and the Onkyo 507 is not really the right model to compare against. The Onkyo 607 is the competitor to the Denon and does stack up very well against the Denon and it is cheaper. It also has 5 HDMI inputs instead of 4. I personally use an Onkyo receiver and I really like it. The stereo performance is very good as long as you use the pure audio option. It's very close to call and i'll leave you to try and pick the receiver as I'm a little biased towards Onkyo. :)

On the speaker front, the Q acoustic 1010i's are coming to an end and are only available in certain finishes, but if the finish is one that you like, then it's an excellent little pack for the money. The new 2000 series hasn't landed yet so I can't comment on it yet, but if it's an improvement on the 1010 pack then it should be very good but the retail price is going up.

The radius kit is really nice and lots of boardies on here own it....any comments from owners are welcome .... but it will work out a bit more expensive than the Q depending on what configuration you go for. The most popular being 90's front & rear, 180 or 225 centre and 360 / 370 sub. If you can let me know what setup you would be interested in, I can PM you a price. The Kef's are nice little speakers, but compared to the Q or the Radius, if you can cope with something bigger then I would give the Kef's a miss.

That's quite a big room !!!! It's hard to say without knowing the distance to the individual speakers but you could allow about £70 for speaker cable and £20 for a subwoofer cable.

If you can let me know what you think and we can narrow down what you would prefer, I will quote you for a few options.

I hope this helps but we're always here if you need any more advice or if you would prefer to call, you'll get me on 04890 321332.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LuigiSham

Hi Dave,

sorry about this but i made another post with this request,

I have narrowed down my choice. Can i please get a quote (in Euro) for the following items delivered to Longford:

DENON AVR1910
    Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1 Speaker Package
    PANASONIC DMPBD60 MR DVD
    40m of Speaker Cable

Thanks in advance

Richie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.