Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the Well: LadyPennyworth.

• 08-11-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Ladypennyworth to the podium.
    Please remember the basic rules here folk, it's all about clothes. Keep the chat for another thread.

Moderators Privilage of asking the first question.:p
    Welcome LadyP, looking forward to reading your replies. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
    Quantity or quality? If you were given a choice between a single expensive item or a few low cost items which do you choose?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Galway for shopping: Favourite shops and why?? Also fave hair and beauty salons and why?

do you think that we are somewhat disadvantaged in these matters in the West and would you prefer to travel elsewhere??

And what's your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe right now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Describe your style in 5 words (not sentence form, just 5 single words)

I know most people prefere the whole boutique thing in Galway, but is there any high street store that it does your nut in not to have in Galway, or that the one you have isn't well stocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

What have you had in your wardrobe that looking back upon makes you cringe?

What do you have in your current wardrobe (if anything), do you think is the most likely to make you cringe in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Who is your style icon?

How long does it take you to get dressed in the mornings!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

OldGoat wrote: »
    Quantity or quality? If you were given a choice between a single expensive item or a few low cost items which do you choose?

Ahem, and thank you for the welcome OldGoat!

I'm going to be perfectly honest in all my answers, starting now. For me, it's about quantity. While I can appreciate a quality item (and I do have a few), I just LOVE the variety and selection of colours, patterns and fabrics of clothes I have, cheap, mid-range generally. Plus I'm not very rich at the moment:)

• Advertisement

Galway for shopping: Favourite shops and why?? Also fave hair and beauty salons and why?

do you think that we are somewhat disadvantaged in these matters in the West and would you prefer to travel elsewhere??

And what's your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe right now??

Aha, just discovered multi-quote:)
    Favourite Galway shops: Topshop/A-Wear/Penneys/Upstairs in Twice as Nice...I tend to go outside Galway to shop...
    Fave hair salons: As those on the Galway boards will know, I am a huge advocate for the Polish hair salon behind Park House. Talented girls there and nicely priced. But as they are closed for renovations, I went to Niamh in Prestige (above Supermacs) and that was a great cut/colour. Highly recommended!
    Fave salons: I really like the one in the Briarhill shopping centre. They are really friendly, a bit pricey but that is probably due to the fact they have no competition out there.

Yes, I do think we are disadvantaged in the west; even from my top few shops you'll see they are mainly high street. Whilst we do have some places like Pagan, Identity and Freedom, they are way, way too overpriced and I refuse to shop there. There's a new shop Public Romance where I have seen some yummy pieces and not too overpriced either..so I'll be giving that a go!

My current favourite item? EEK! I love cardigans, and bought a pink leopard print cardi from Red herring in Debenhams last week (you may balk but it is fab!)img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8013952

I rarely wear that colour but I team it with dark denims or black...love!
    Describe your style in 5 words (not sentence form, just 5 single words)

I know most people prefere the whole boutique thing in Galway, but is there any high street store that it does your nut in not to have in Galway, or that the one you have isn't well stocked?

1. LadyPennyworth-esque :)
    2. Quirky
    3. Matching
    4. Comfy
    5. Accessorised...

I may get slated for this but I love H+M. Part of me wishes we had one, but then part of me likes the fact we aren't all H+M clones here in Galway...yet.
    I like Urban Outfitters, Zara, but hate River Island, Miss Selfridge and Oasis. I rarely go in there!
    Sheeps wrote: »
    What have you had in your wardrobe that looking back upon makes you cringe?

What do you have in your current wardrobe (if anything), do you think is the most likely to make you cringe in the future?

Jesus, a lot!!
    From the ages 11-15 I wore nothing but baggy jeans and sweatshirts. Even on my 18th I took off a beautiful black satiny strapless dress and changed into jeans and a tshirt before i went out, mush to the disgust of my friends. It wasn't until 2005 that I started to love my body, my shape, and fell in love with dresses!! So def those clothes..and fleeces..I lived in them and to this day HATE them..

Probably my overuse of scarves..For work I have to wear formal-ish pants somedays and I know I'll cringe looking back at them, I cringe now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

What apperence do you most disslike at ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I adore H n M to be honest, and Im a serial overuser of scarves, theyre like my comfort blanket at this stage.

Who is your style icon?

How long does it take you to get dressed in the mornings!?

I have a few!! Bear with me....

My style icons...hmmm. I love Karen O. Always did.
    yeahyeahyeahs.jpg

Zooey Deschanel. Again for years I have always admired her sense of style
    zooeymain.jpg

I like Alexa Chung in terms of celeb dom now..and Fearne Cotton..I'd love her wardrobe:http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee272/frithalouise/fearnecotton.jpg

And finally; which woman doesn't want tips from this lady?http://z.about.com/d/fashion/1/0/n/n/2/57536796_10.jpg

how long it takes me? Well going to work, about twenty mins because I generally wear the same boring set of clothes but load up on the accessories!! I fly thru make up/hair as I get ready the night before!
    What apperence do you most disslike at ?

The Abercrombie/Ugg clone look.
    The goth/metal look on a girl..the ones with the big massive black boots/shoes and coloured extensions and black clothing. I have gone to a few gigs where all the fans dress like this and for me it doesn't do it.
    In a guy I really dislike two styles:
    1. The light blue denims, AV8 shoes and the maths book/check shirt not tucked in
    2. The black jeans, faded metal tshirt and long leather coat look. Not for me:)

I adore H n M to be honest, and Im a serial overuser of scarves, theyre like my comfort blanket at this stage.

Yeah they are very much everywhere these days. I tend to feel a bit bare without one sometimes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If you were told you could only keep three items of clothing from your collection and three beauty products, what would they be?

Novella wrote: »
    If you were told you could only keep three items of clothing from your collection and three beauty products, what would they be?

My Topshop blue skinnies. Adore them!
    My mustard cardi
    A strapless colourful dress...

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 in Porcelain
    Clinique High Impact mascara in Black
    Poco Rabonne Ultra-violet perfume..my scent:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

According to the sage that is Mrs. Goat I'm hearing the killer heels are now passé and something more comfortable is back in vogue. (She's already checking out new kitten heels).
    Good news or bad LadyP? Will you miss heels?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Aha, just discovered multi-quote:)
    Favourite Galway shops: Topshop/A-Wear/Penneys/Upstairs in Twice as Nice...I tend to go outside Galway to shop...
    Fave hair salons: As those on the Galway boards will know, I am a huge advocate for the Polish hair salon behind Park House. Talented girls there and nicely priced. But as they are closed for renovations, I went to Niamh in Prestige (above Supermacs) and that was a great cut/colour. Highly recommended!
    Fave salons: I really like the one in the Briarhill shopping centre. They are really friendly, a bit pricey but that is probably due to the fact they have no competition out there.

I quite like upstairs in Twice as Nice too!! Is the salon in Briarhill really good?? What's it like for waxing and facials???

OldGoat wrote: »
    According to the sage that is Mrs. Goat I'm hearing the killer heels are now passé and something more comfortable is back in vogue. (She's already checking out new kitten heels).
    Good news or bad LadyP? Will you miss heels?

I never wore heels until recently. My mum never did, and I battled with a chunky pair of heels in secondary school. Always wore flats until a few years ago when I discovered them. I wear them usually going out but not always.

Flats can be as bad for your feet and back as heels; especially those horrible wafer thin Penneys ones, so I'm all for kitten heels for work and play..well maybe a little more height for play :) Look at Gywneth Paltrow in those maxing heels..work it lady!
    I quite like upstairs in Twice as Nice too!! Is the salon in Briarhill really good?? What's it like for waxing and facials???

I like them, but have only gone for eye lash tints, shapes and extensions so couldn't say anything about the others! Always book early though, they are busy

Advertisement