Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyler Quits Aerosmith

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LorenzoStDubois

:eek:Hope this isn't for real.
    His daughter Liv says he definetly isn't leaving the band.
    Sure you can't believe anything you read nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

meh

couldnt care less tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Probably just Perry trying to drum up publicity for his "joe perry project" tour!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Who's worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Meh Aerosmith have not had a great album since Pump some twenty years ago.

They have had some good songs since then, but not one killer album in my opinion. If they had been pumping out, pun intended, top albums since then, it would be a shock/loss if Tyler quit the band.

It smacks of a bit of a publicity stunt to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They shuda quit after Permenent Vacation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Sucks for me, i still havent seen them live :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OrthodoxCaveman

"Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Pretty much mindless speculation to draw a bit of attention towards himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Well I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

decent enough band but i always felt like they trailed after AC/DC...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A great band in the 70s. I was very surprised at Joe Perry coming out so strongly against Tyler after the stage fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Patricide wrote: »
    Sucks for me, i still havent seen them live :(.

You honestly aren't missing too much if the one time I've seen them is anything to go by, my brother saw them in Paris in the 90's and raved about them, so I went to see them in Marley Park a couple of years back and they really weren't up to the task, just smacked of taking in whatever money they could from the tour - don't get me wrong they werent awful, just was very disappointed with their performance, I think I might have been expecting too much......got to hear some classics, but the whole vibe was wrong - I was more impressed by Chris Cornell

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Call it a day guys!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Gridlock wrote: »
    Call it a day guys!!:rolleyes:

They can quit after I ve seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Apparently he's not leaving after all.
    In recent weeks the band have been dogged by rumours that Tyler has quit, with guitarist Perry seemingly confirming that the singer had left Aerosmith on Monday (November 9).

However, midway through a Joe Perry Project gig at New York's Filmore venue, Tyler appeared onstage and addressed the audience.

"I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith," he said, before turning to Perry and stating: "And Joe Perry, you are a man of many colours but I, mother****er, am the rainbow!"

Tyler then instructed Perry's drummer to play, and the band launched into Aerosmith's 1975 hit "Walk This Way".

• Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyler has quit AI now and new Aerosmith single and album coming out here this year

Legendary Child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

proper rock n'roll legend

a 1 off original

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Please don't resurrect old threads

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement