Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black and Asian women desparate to be white?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I couldn't finish reading that, I just thought it was ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Only a committed AH'er could feel that the topic is about feelings of entitlement. Oh and look its a Daily Mail link.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

DeCoR18 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1225895/YASMIN-ALIBHAI-BROWN-Why-black-Asian-women-desperate-white.html

The sense of arrogance and entitlement that comes across in that piece is pretty shocking.

Perhaps in Nigeria or India or China they could dictate the terms of beauty there instead of having a problem with what white people find beautiful:rolleyes:

They have skin lightening cream in a lot of those Afro-Caribbean shops around the country. Heard of a woman who got really bad burns from using it and her face was destroyed after it :( Apparently the cream hasn't passed any tests to be on the market and there was a crackdown by the IMB about a year back.

Hits it home really.

• DeCoR18 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1225895/YASMIN-ALIBHAI-BROWN-Why-black-Asian-women-desperate-white.html

The sense of arrogance and entitlement that comes across in that piece is pretty shocking.

Perhaps in Nigeria or India or China they could dictate the terms of beauty there instead of having a problem with what white people find beautiful:rolleyes:

I find it incredible that what you got from that article was 'a sense of arrogance and entitlement'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

Only a committed AH'er could feel that the topic is about feelings of entitlement. Oh and look its a Daily Mail link.... :rolleyes:

Interesting that my very basic point went over your head.

I never said the article was about a sense of entitlement, I said the sense of entitlement displayed, which I demonstrated by her wanting billboards of ethnic minority models.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

[quote=[Deleted User];62907660]I find it incredible that what you got from that article was 'a sense of arrogance and entitlement'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought it was more condemning this stupid "phenomenon" if anything? :confused:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

tl;dr

especially seeing as it is the daily fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Quite an interesting thread on it in TLL
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055729425

It's quite sad really, that these people don't feel comfortable with their own ethnicity.

I never said the article was about a sense of entitlement, I said the sense of entitlement displayed, which I demonstrated by her wanting billboards of ethnic minority models.

What do you think 'the sense of entitlement displayed' means, other than that the article is at least in part about a sense of entitlement?

Cleeo wrote: »
    It's quite sad really, that these people don't feel comfortable with their own ethnicity.

I think it has more to do with feeling marginalised in society tbh.

• Advertisement

What do you think 'the sense of entitlement displayed' means, other than that the article is at least in part about a sense of entitlement?

Ok misunderstanding I'll clarify, I perceive instances where the author displays a sense of entitlement hopefully thats cleared up so we can deal with the actual topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

And white women are desperate to be orange. Look, there's something to be said for the idealisation of women in the media. It's strange that the ideal black beauty seems to be light skinned women like Beyoncé who essentially looks like a white woman with a bit of 'flava'. But social pressures don't cut it as an excuse for the crazy lengths women go to to look a certain way in my books.
    The money spent, the painful procedures, the social pressure, that's all the woman's f*cking hang up and I'm sick of hearing about it. Nobody is asking you to do this except for your stupid magazines. Looks play a part but in the end, personality is incredibly important and I find women obsessed with fashion and that take ages to apply their make up, for the most part, boring as f*ck. Sure put a little make up on, it does look good, but changing the colour of your skin? What's that sh*t about?
    I reserve the right to find some women attractive without feeling f*cking guilty about some girl who doesn't fall within the perameters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

But there all pink on the inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

I don't know why an Asian woman would want to change her appearence, I LOVE Asian chicks. Here's my favourite UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.GalleryImgDetail&gid=140&aid=24471&return=fa%3DMultiMedia.GalleryImgList%26gid%3D140

I think it has more to do with feeling marginalised in society tbh.

I agree. Because they are feeling marginalised, they feel that their features, their eyes, nose, skin etc means these people feel that they aren't beautiful because they aren't white. Making them uncomfortable with their ethnicity!

I just kinda summarised a wee bit. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

McArmalite wrote: »
    I don't know why an Asian woman would want to change her appearence, I LOVE Asian chicks. Here's my favourite UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.GalleryImgDetail&gid=140&aid=24471&return=fa%3DMultiMedia.GalleryImgList%26gid%3D140
    Looks white.

Kold wrote: »
    Looks white.

That's what I thought!

I LOVE Asian chicks.

Don't know why, they seem to have very childlike bodies. As a white man white women are the most beautiful in the world for me. Especially blonde hair blue eyes since they are the rarest features in the world.

No offense is intended to anybody with that above its just my own view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Don't know why, they seem to have very childlike bodies. As a white man white women are the most beautiful in the world for me. Especially blonde hair blue eyes since they are the rarest features in the world.

Eh? Loads of Irish people have blue eyes. And in Irish people I'd also say black hair is much rarer than blonde.

Eh? Loads of Irish people have blue eyes. And in Irish people I'd also say black hair is much rarer than blonde.

I meant globally :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Give me a cute Asian girl any day ;) - but then again I'm an Asian guy :P

Here is a childhood crush (Lin xin ru - Ruby Lin):
    http://tvmagazine.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/rubylin3.jpg
    http://www.asian-ent.com/gallery2/d/522-2/Ruby+Lin+%232.jpg

And, to be fair I haven't read the article - but having pale skin is an exotic thing - goes back to class issue - peasants/workers are in the sun all day so having pale skin means you're a white-collar/aristocrat. Similarly over here having a tan means you can afford to travel to warmer climes.

A big thing in Asia is to have the "double-eyelid" - two folds of skin above the eyes is seen as being pretty. Personally I don't really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ah the good old Ponds White Beauty cream ads from India.

Who would have thought that a former Miss World would have to use skin whitening creams to whiten her natural dark skin so that she can win back her old boyfriend!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was with an Indian girl for a while, never bothered me she was a babe.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

jerseyeire wrote: »

Well it should bother you ya sick paedo:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Well it should bother you ya sick paedo:mad:

What, am I missing something here?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They all have lovely bootys.

Presumably my comment that Asian women have extremely childlike bodies.

Although I suppose I should of said east Asian as thats what I was talking about. Obviously Indians aren't east Asians and I have no comment on their body shape as I don't know enough about them to make a generalisation.

Although I suppose I should of said east Asian as thats what I was talking about. Obviously Indians aren't east Asians and I have no comment on their body shape as I don't know enough about them to make a generalisation.

No it wasn't that. I just read it first as "it didn't bother me she was a babe" as in a baby. I thought it was mildly amusing.

But the billion or so people in the East Asia region is up for grabs when it comes to generalisations?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But the billion or so people in the East Asia region is up for grabs when it comes to generalisations?:rolleyes:

Yep.

Yeah Indian woman can be nice too. Only thing is a guy I worked with from Donegal told me he went out with a Indian girl in London, well I didn't ask him the specifics but he said her brother resented her going out with him. Wheteher this waas for religious or cultural reasons or what I didn't ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭thatsa spicy

Same here. I can't help it, but I find that blonde haired, blue-eyed white women are the best looking on earth. That asian girl posted previosly is very good-looking but she does look very white!

Wheteher this waas for religious or cultural reasons or what I didn't ask.

What about racial reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

No it wasn't that. I just read it first as "it didn't bother me she was a babe" as in a baby. I thought it was mildly amusing.

As mild as tesco's own brand mild curry.

Its practically brown water.

Same here. I can't help it, but I find that blonde haired, blue-eyed white women are the best looking on earth. That asian girl posted previosly is very good-looking but she does look very white!

Are ya Irish yourself yeah? If so thats great to hear, always nice to see somebody who agrees with how special our women are :D

• Advertisement

I've had a search Arianny's site but I cannot see anything on her background regarding her parents etc. But I would say she has some white blood in her. Well, whatever her mom was, she must have been a hottie too :)

What about racial reasons?
    Who knows it's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Does it not strike you as odd that in a world where "white" people are the minority, its overwhelmingly white anglo-saxon women used for such purposes?

Nodin wrote: »
    Does it not strike you as odd that in a world where "white" people are the minority, its overwhelmingly white anglo-saxon women used for such purposes?

It strikes me as extremely odd in countries that are not majority white.

I have no idea why you have white people as "white" also.

It strikes me as extremely odd in countries that are not majority white.

Cultural imperialism, post colonial inferiority complex.
    I have no idea why you have white people as "white" also.

Because if you a "white" Texan he'd be more than likely brownish compared to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭thatsa spicy

Are ya Irish yourself yeah? If so thats great to hear, always nice to see somebody who agrees with how special our women are :D

Not sure if blonde-haired blue-eyed women are especially Irish but Scandinavians are definately the finest in my opinion! Without a doubt!

Not sure if blonde-haired blue-eyed women are especially Irish but Scandinavians are definately the finest in my opinion! Without a doubt!

I just meant collectively white, as it only appears in white people.

Because if you a "white" Texan he'd be more than likely brownish compared to me.

Do you really think the standard of beauty in Asian and African countries is white? I don't to be honest and I think it would be absurd for me to move to China a write a published article stating how there are not enough white people on billboards.

Thats a strange one what does it matter if a white person is tanned? Are Medditerreans white?

Do you really think the standard of beauty in Asian and African countries is white?

Do you know what either of the terms I used refers to?

Do you know what either of the terms I used refers to?

I ignored your assertion of colonial imperialism as it is in the past not the present.

What I should of asked is do you truely believe a post imperial inferiority complex is related to your perception that white beauty is the dominant perception is African and Asian countries?

Less of the condescending please.

I ignored your assertion of colonial imperialism as it is in the past not the present. .

I never mentioned "colonial imperialism".

Are you now asserting the past has had no impact on the present/future?
    What I should of asked is do you truely believe a post imperial inferiority complex is related to your perception that white beauty is the dominant perception is African and Asian countries?

It is certainly a factor.

I never mentioned "colonial imperialism".

Are you now asserting the past has had no impact on the present/future?

It is certainly a factor.

Ah yeah reread your post, I'm responding to too many.

I'm asserting it has no impact on the perception of beauty.

I would agree with the idea of cultural imperialism may have a small impact on the perception of beauty I wouldn't agree with your inferiority complex idea though.

Overall I believe the standard of beauty is determined by the majority indigenous population.

• DeCoR18 wrote: »

Yeah, cos it's not like most Irish women don't have brown or black hair :rolleyes: Are you counting bottle blondes?

[quote=[Deleted User];62909862]Yeah, cos it's not like most Irish women don't have brown or black hair :rolleyes: Are you counting bottle blondes?[/QUOTE]

If you read what I posted about two replies later I was collectively speaking about white people. Brown and black haired blue eyed girls are also very beautiful to me :cool: and hazel and what not.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

is that why Irish women want to be Orange. Were we colonised by Oompa Loompas?

By the way, I understand that reading books not prescribed by the Leftish PriestHood is beyond most dullards of the ideological left, but white skin was preferred in the India, and China, long before colonialism. To do with caste, and class.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement