Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newry Road Service Station

Options
  • 08-11-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a new service station on the Newry Road in Dundalk called Newry Road Service Station funnily enough with diesel going for 0.99 Per litre.... Just wondering if anybody knows the score with this place. Are they legitimit or whats the craic with them ? Just dont want to be putting laundered diesel into my car !

Any responses appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Used to be a Maxol station up untill last week. I'm sure the diesel is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

They're 100% legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I've heard the ones down the Old Armagh Road are not to be trusted.. not sure if it's true though.. just the machines are rigged.. nothing wrong with the fuel. This was a year to eighteen months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WeeDub

ONLY PROBLM WITH THEM IS THEY WON'T TAKE CREDIT OR LASER CARDS!!! THAT WOULD MAKE ME A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

WeeDub wrote: »
    ONLY PROBLM WITH THEM IS THEY WON'T TAKE CREDIT OR LASER CARDS!!! THAT WOULD MAKE ME A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS
    I heard they are waiting to get a CC machine in. There's nothing dodgy with the place at all, they are cheaper because the guy that runs it doesn't rob you like everywhere else does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

Just in here today diesel was 142.9 very cheap compared to 155.9 in others

I asked about washed stuff and said the customs are in regularly
    Plus they have nsai stickers for correct measurement.

So I assume their good like posts said two years ago
    Taking laser and credit card now too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

With a wholesale cost of at least 72c and taxes (carbon, nora & Vat) of 74.27cent per litre, go figure how they can sell at 142cent per litre. 14cent cheaper than elsewhere!!! Your risk mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

With a wholesale cost of at least 72c and taxes (carbon, nora & Vat) of 74.27cent per litre, go figure how they can sell at 142cent per litre. 14cent cheaper than elsewhere!!! Your risk mate!

Agree fully with you Alexander Worried Voice, I wont be getting any fuel there

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

Who are you and can you prove these figures. I can't get answers anywhere and I know a garage owner in Delgany .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Buying fuel in the north east is a bit of a gamble lately .
    Seen in a Sunday paper about 3 weeks ago that a garage in Drogheda was the cheapest . Think it was beside the Lourdes hospital .
    But there's a station just half a mile away clearly selling 10c below their price and they weren't mentioned at all ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bdeithrick wrote: »
    Who are you and can you prove these figures. I can't get answers anywhere and I know a garage owner in Delgany .

Check the Revenue website, and the Oil wholsale rates. Any decent Garage owner should know the breakdown of his retail price. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement