Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone mod sticks?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok, I was thinking of picking up on stick (after many failed attempts). With T6 and SF4 I thought hell I might as well get a stick, a decent one to last. I have no skills in soldering or whatever, and what I want is a stick that will work cross platform (XBOX and PS3). Just wondering if someone can recommend a good stick to mod. And what sticks are good etc. And if someone was willing to do the job for me that would be great (obvsiously for money)

Maybe I can try out some of you guys' sticks (no homo) at the meet next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

KO Kiki sorts mods out in the Republic, Tsukiko in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Best sticks for dual-mods are undoubtedly the Madcatz sticks -- I'd recommend buying a 360 one, as PS3 boards are more easily obtained for the dual-mod. HRAPs are good too.
    *edit* There are no commercially-available dual-mod sticks like yesteryear (PS2/Xbox/GC sticks were readily available) as Microsoft threw a spanner in the works with an uncrackable hardware chip on all their controllers, which needs a license, which you won't get if you say you'll make it PS3/Wii compatible out-the-box. :mad:

In order of quality/ease of modding, I'd rate sticks:
    1. Madcatz Tournament Edition
    2. Hori Real Arcade Pro
    3. Madcatz Fightstick
    4. Saulabi 4k
    5. Hori EX2/Fighting Stick 3
    6. everything else

Also if you see one, BUY A NAMCO STICK -- they are PS1-era sticks, but still regarded as the pinnacle of stick design.

*more*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Need a bit of advice on my SE stick lads,

Have replaced the stock buttons and I'm trying to replace the stock stick as well but am having....ehm...a few problems.

I have a LS-32-01 (Seimitsu,) have got the stock part out and I've got the Seimitsu in, but the only way the bracket lines up so it can be screwed to the mounting plate is 90' left/right to the direction that the stock stick was mounted. So the connector is on the top rather then the side if you get me.

This has the effect of swapping my axis on the joystick (Press left on the stick, you get up, right = down, and vice versa.

I've swapped the connector back to front and no dice.

Am I being thick and is there a simple way to fix this? Or do I have to wire the bloody thing back to front:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Can you take the LS32 apart and rotate the microswitch board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    Can you take the LS32 apart and rotate the microswitch board?

Ye you can, just unscrew it and rotate it around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

bush wrote: »
    Ye you can, just unscrew it and rotate it around.

I should know, you sold me one haha. That should solve the problem right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    I should know, you sold me one haha. That should solve the problem right?

Ye, I rotated the one I sold you, worked fine after.

Thanks lads,

Was indeed just me being thick.
    Figured out as it's a square, I could simply unscrew the mounting plate and rotate 90' so that it works perfectly.

Now there's nothing stopping me winning tomorrows tourney!*

*Other than lack of skill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

is there anywhere that sells pre-modded sticks?

lazlo wrote: »
    is there anywhere that sells pre-modded sticks?

I'm sure you cam pick up modded sticks on ebay but why bother?

Madcatz sticks are easily available to buy online and one of the best models you can get, and piss easy to mod (Even I managed to mod mine)

Or buy a TE, no need to mod at all!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

do any high street stores stock the MadCatz sticks? postage costs from ebay are pretty high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

All I've seen over here is the Hori EX muck!!

lazlo wrote: »
    do any high street stores stock the MadCatz sticks? postage costs from ebay are pretty high

I'd avoid Ebay if possible.
    No chance at any bricks and mortar store getting anything other that the Hori Ex2 as Sagat08 points out.

Amazon would be your best bet, delivery is reasonable and quick and they have all types in stock, (Both TE and standard.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone is doing an order can they let me know. Was playing for the first time in ages last night and my buttons are stick are ****ed. My medium kick craps out every so often which isn't good when it's part of your block string pokes, the other buttons aren't much better and I'd like a tighter stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you're just ordering 1 stick + 8 buttons/6buttons + 2 plugs, shipping is quite low from AkihabaraShop.jp, and they have the widest selection.
    Just make sure you get an -01 model joystick. Maybe try out a few sticks before taking that plunge, eh?

Advertisement